Tiled parser library with Cardiac Runner as example

Started by JaViS, January 30, 2013, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaViS

Right, I use let_me_alone() in the main process because before  unloading the stage I need to kill all the processes in the game. You must use it in the same loop that will restart the stage again. I mean, you could kill your processes manually too, but the error you're getting is because you're trying to access to a process already dead. Try checking them with exists() before accessing a property.
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

MisterN

werg

MisterN

and dont just say "put let_me_alone(); in the main process" I tried putting it before the loop and in the loop; it will only work for me if it is in the loop and there is nothing to signal it (so it is constantly doing let_me_alone();) and that's what I call a game-breaker. A new method will have to be created.
werg

JaViS

Quote from: DoctorN on March 27, 2013, 04:48:25 AM
and dont just say "put let_me_alone(); in the main process" I tried putting it before the loop and in the loop; it will only work for me if it is in the loop and there is nothing to signal it (so it is constantly doing let_me_alone() ;) and that's what I call a game-breaker. A new method will have to be created.

haha ok just give me some time to see your code. Would you zip it and upload here at its current state please?

MisterN

I got a couple problems now:

1. I have an enemy process and a player process together. The scroller follows the player, but when you jump onto that little platform above where the enemy moves back and forth under and then jump, the enemy freaks out.

2. If I make the z in the enemy process 1, then sometimes when I start the game up it will disappear but still register its active, so that means it's hiding behind the level somehow.

3. I noticed if I put a background image into tiled, it will not show up when the game is being played. Any way that I can set a background behind the tiles?

Anyways, I will leave this to you to solve, it seems the libraries could be upgraded if that is the problem. Thanks
werg

JaViS

thank you for attaching the example. Let me take a look to see if these are problems that can be solved at the library

MisterN

werg

JaViS

I just moved to a new apartment and i'm waiting for the internet service :S

MisterN

werg

MisterN

werg

JaViS

Still without internet, I'm afraid it's going to take a week more -_-

MisterN

so have you gotten a chance to look at it? i mean, you could download it to your phone and move it to the pc or go to the library and download it to a usb or something. this here data is crucial information that will further improve the library you have made and its just been sitting here going "daddy please fix me :'(". lol
werg

JaViS

Ok let me see what I can do. I might do what you're suggesting. Anyway, Internet service it's supposed to be installed on Monday. I'll let you know!