New Android game: Mad Baron

Started by Odif, June 19, 2014, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odif

EDIT: Due to copyright issues, the game has been re-uploaded under the name Mad Baron

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senseloss.madbaron

Greetings! Here´s my most recent project, already finished (Well, there´s always room for improvement in the future)

Mad Baron follows the lead of the addictive flash game "Helicopter game"(In case you never heard of it: http://www.helicoptergame.net/)

I guess it could be compared with "flappy bird" and every other clone, but being more dynamic.

It´s got 2 game modes:
Classic Mode: closer to the original.
Speed Mode: Similar game concept, but here the speed increases constantly through the game, and you can collect powerups.

Available on google playstore for Android versions 4.0 and up, until I manage to make it work for older versions ;)

Feedback greatly appreciated!  :)

blabla

Hello,
BennuGD Android is compatible with Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) , all you need to do is to add this to your AndroidManifest.xml file :
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10"/>

It might work with Froyo (Android 2.2) too but unfortunely , the Android Emulator only properly emulates Android 2.3.3+
and nobody here has a Froyo device to test.

For Froyo , you need to add this instead :
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8"/>

I'll try it on my Xperia neo V with Jelly Bean , i'll let you know what i think.

EDIT : It's very repetitive: There's no variety and the pattern is predictable.
The only obstacles are flying walls and the hills and they are not difficult to avoid.
Not very exciting... Maybe you should turn it into a shoot-em-up ? (yeah i know , there's plenty of them already)
I'll keep an eye on the game though.

Odif

Thanks for trying it, blabla!

Yeah, I agree it's pretty simple, that's what I was aiming for, since it's my first android project. But I'm thinking about how to turn it into something more "advanced", so I'll take your opinion into account ;)

My AndroidManifest already has that line in it, but it just will compile for 4.1.

By using the android:minSdkVersion="8" ,I managed to install it on my phone which runs on Android 2.2, but then it won't start the game.
I'm using the Pixplantilla, so I don't know if I'm missing something..

If you want me to test anything on Android 2.2, just let me know, I'm up for it!

blabla

It seems that Red Baron is gone and no longer on the Google Play , what happened ?

Anyway , i'm using pixplantilla too and all my games works on Android 2.3.3
Try something like this :
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10" android:targetSdkVersion="16"/>

If that still doesn't work , maybe you should release the source code because i can't really help without it.

Quote from: Odif on June 21, 2014, 04:49:25 PM
If you want me to test anything on Android 2.2, just let me know, I'm up for it!
Try that one and tell if this works on Android 2.2 : (On the emulator , it crashes)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameblabla.puzsion

Odif

Just noticed it's been suspended, apparently Red Baron is a registered trademark that's still releasing games and products and the company requested.
I'll have to change the name then, and hopefully everything will be fine.

I managed to make it work on 2.2.3, thanks a lot!

Been trying to install puzsion but couldn´t. I suspect it´s due to a lack of free space on the memory card so I´ll clear some space tomorrow when I´ll have more time and let you know!

Odif

Sorry for the wait. It´s been a long summer. The game is now reuploaded

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senseloss.madbaron

blabla: Both, my game and puzzsion install on my Froyo device but none of them will run, they just crash inmediately.
Anyways I´ve tried my game on a slightly superior device (an old htc) and it runs veeery slow, so don´t know if it´s really worth it to have Bennu running on lower versions.