[FBMX] fbmx 0.58

Started by izubiaurre, July 19, 2011, 08:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izubiaurre

Quote from: BlackCurtain on July 28, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: izubiaurre on July 28, 2011, 04:14:00 PM
Blackcurtain, we are getting the problems you're reporting with Windows 7 (64 bits). The possible cause may be the incompatibility between 32bit ActiveX and 64 bits systems.
I see. So will there be a 64 bit version soon?

It's a 64 bits version ready to test. If you want, I can send you by e-mail. By private.

BlackCurtain

MisterN

works on my windows 7 x64
werg

BlackCurtain

It works for me now, too. Tried installing it in my other Program Files folder.

EDIT: Though it crashes as soon as I open a prg and tries to edit it.

handsource-dyko

I had this same crashing problem, too.

popcade

An issue when using on non-European Windows (Crash on Startup/Loading)

I have experience using FBMX on Chinese/Japanese version of Windows but all of them crashed on loading, after tracking the problem (on version 0.55 source) I found this cause the crash:

on "modExecution.bas"

'I think the stdout file is encoded as UTF without BOM and I cannot manage to read
               'its chars correctly directly, so I make the character replacement myself...
               stdout = replace(replace(replace(stdout, "é", "é"), "á", "á"), "ü", "ü")
               textStream.Close

I solved that by commenting out this or replace with this:

'I think the stdout file is encoded as UTF without BOM and I cannot manage to read
               stdout = replace(replace(replace(stdout, Chr(195)+Chr(169), Chr(233)), Chr(195)+Chr(161), Chr(225)), Chr(195)+Chr(188), Chr(252))
               textStream.Close

I don't know actually those character are, but it did cause the crash, please fix it if possible as there're no new sources available.

Thanks.

izubiaurre

Quote from: popcade on August 01, 2011, 07:43:57 PM
An issue when using on non-European Windows (Crash on Startup/Loading)

I have experience using FBMX on Chinese/Japanese version of Windows but all of them crashed on loading, after tracking the problem (on version 0.55 source) I found this cause the crash:

on "modExecution.bas"

stdout = replace(replace(replace(stdout, "é", "é"), "á", "á"), "ü", "ü")
               textStream.Close

I solved that by commenting out this or replace with this:

stdout = replace(replace(replace(stdout, Chr(195)+Chr(169), Chr(233)), Chr(195)+Chr(161), Chr(225)), Chr(195)+Chr(188), Chr(252))
               textStream.Close

I don't know actually those character are, but it did cause the crash, please fix it if possible as there're no new sources available.

Thanks.

Thanks popcode! I'll check it when I arrived back from holidays. Ah! And the sourcecode is avalaible from SVN!

handsource-dyko

Japan had other computers (with bitmapped graphics) because dos pc's could not display japanese characters. They had things like the x68000. But now we have unicode.

MisterN

they still do lol. most of japan is belive it or not still using windows 2000. all government facilities and many cyber cafes still use it from what ive heard/read.
werg

handsource-dyko

I would have been so much easier if the whole world used the latin alphabet. Acutally, japanse people can also read japanese written in latin alphabet. They call it Romanjii or something (the have 3 character systems, kanji, romanjii and katanaka, I believe kanji is based on chinese characters). Chinese writing system is very inefficient, they have to use over 1600+ characters at least. Roman alphabet only has 26 excluding some scandinavian and other accent characters, but these are variantions of the standard letters). Unicode was only ivented to support non western langauges.

MisterN

The older generation dont use Romanji (probably because their so old it wasnt popular back then) from what this kid told me. Kanji is Chinese, and then Hiragana and Katanaka are the symbol styles invented by them. Hiragana is the more curvy and swirly writing and Katanaka is the more blockier liney writing.

I could never get univode to work on ym pc, it just spits out everything as random things.
werg