- fli_flags

handsource-dyko

handsource-dyko

added today, monday 12-03:

- local height
- local xgraph
- local cnumber
- control point

- added example program to the start_scroll article (wich also covers the realively new ability to draw a scroll/mode7 window on a map).
- did same thing for mode7 article

handsource-dyko

added:

- get_status (mod_proc)
- added some functions to mod_sound, still a few of them left to do

wanted to add path finding functions, I created the pages for the three functions in mod_path, but they are unfinished because I can't find any sample in bennupack about pathfinding. The subject is a little too complicated at the moment, unless someone has an example for them.

izubiaurre

Quote from: handsource-dyko on March 13, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
(...)

wanted to add path finding functions, I created the pages for the three functions in mod_path, but they are unfinished because I can't find any sample in bennupack about pathfinding. The subject is a little too complicated at the moment, unless someone has an example for them.

If I can remember, there were some little tests for these functions in the original Fenix. Sadly, I haven't these file anymore, but I fnd a simple test file made by TYCO, that shows path finding (comments are in spanish), but if you're interested i can send you.

handsource-dyko

I'm studing the example from TYCO, and I have translated it with google translate, and it's pretty helpfull. I might convert it into a wiki tutorial. The translation is still a bit rough, I need to tidy it up a little. If I understand it correctly, pathfinding is based on an two dimensional array with a hardness map style design. I just wonder where path_wall() is used for. It isn't used in TYCO's example. It takes only one integer as argument. Is it a color index value? The mod_path.c file has very little comments in it, so it's a lot of guessing.

O, I completed most of the mod_sound now. Only two functions sound_init() and sound_close() are left to do, but I don't really see a use for these to functions, so they are not high on my list, unless someone can tell what these two functions are for. I can't remember ever needing them.

Mod_map has about 50 functions left to do, then it's pretty much complete.

izubiaurre

I think that path_wall sets the value for the walls, but I'm not sure.

handsource-dyko

Mod_path documentation is finished (needs checking by someone familair/experienced with path finding). I also created a tutorial on the wiki, it is a translated version of the TYCO tutorial with some debug printing in it. I referenced it in the path_find and path_getxy articles as example. About path_wall, I've been looking in the spanish section and bennu's mod_path.c and I think it allows path_find() to use a different color for the walls instead white (or at least multiple colors on the "search" map for different uses). I think splinter or someone familiair with it could verify if whether my theory about this is correct.

izubiaurre

I only found some parts estrange that I didn't undestrand from your translation, but everything else is ok. Good work.

// the pixel pixel grid we use is 10 times smaller then the "world_map" (logicmap)[size=78%]// If the speed of the enemy is less than the maximum they can reach, [/size][/size][size=78%]is [/size][/size][size=78%]increase it.[/size]

handsource-dyko

I know, I had some difficulty with that section, everything google translate did, I "corrected" to something that makes sense. But this section was quite long and weirdly translated, that I had a bit of difficulty understanding what the section means.  :) Google seems to translate things literally (and failing on some words), without taking into account the word order differences between the source and target language.  It can't really reconize the context or the intent of the writer. Whenever I want to translate things from dutch to english for my website, I always have to correct it anyway. I only do this for long texts to save some time, but usually I translate it directly. You know some words (especially jargon) do not always have a english equivalent. Simply put, a human translator is much better then a computer translator.

izubiaurre

I can take a look to these parts. I do a lot of translating work in my job (I teach in a minority lenguage).

handsource-dyko

Great!  :) That would really help me out. If you want, you can simply edit the text in the wiki page.

MisterN

You should probably change the subject name lol
werg