Can't install bennu on Fedora 17. Can you just have the components in the same..

Started by MisterN, September 19, 2012, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterN

That is weird, because with the steps I had, it worked on Fedora 16. I am not sure why that is. Like you can with windows, can't you just have the files in the same folder as the game and use .bat files (or scripts) to launch them? If so, where can I get the files? Thanks
werg

handsource-dyko

Linux weirdness.  ;D It wants files in specific directories. I used to use linux more often but I got tired or rpm and deb package conflict horrors.
The one thing I dislike about linux is the fragmentation between distributions.
I wish the there was some more standarization in the linux world. I my philosophy, a user shoulnd't ever have to install a program on a specific location, but simply put in their own directory of choice. (Like BeOS and MacOS). Or better, run it from a usb stick or a cd rom. Software installers suck, to the user a program should simply be a like any other file. I always create my programs with relative paths, so that it doesn't matter where you put it. 

But on linux, the files of a program go into specific directories, all the executable files mostly go into /usr/bin, and libraries (like sdl) go into /lib, etc. But, it is possible to create a program where the all files of the program go into the same directory, this requires that program is designed for this. But it's not very common on linux.

handsource-dyko

Yes. Just looked at it and replied. But I'm kinda buisy lately with all sorts of things, I'll have to design a house extension for my parents beause they want build a utillity room. I am actually a building construction draftsmen (not currently active in this industry at the moment) and I'll have to deal with good old autocad again.