First BennuGD WIZ/PC contest

Started by SplinterGU, November 03, 2009, 02:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplinterGU

I'm proud to announce the first BennuGD WIZ/PC contest, thanks to GPH  (Game Park Holding) for the prizes.

Well, let's go...

Rules:

* The game's topic is free.
   * The games should run on PC and Wiz.
   * The games must be programmed using BennuGD.

* The games will be 2D.

* The games should run properly on a screen resolution of 320x240x16
(scale_resolution can be used to get this requirement)

* Only accept original games (the game is not allowed to have been previously released)
   * Only original or free graphics, sound and music are allowed.

* The games must will include GPH's logo and BennuGD's logo at the beginning of it (those logos will be provided by the organizers of this contest).

* The games must include the full source code, resources, compiling and running scripts, .ini and all the necessary stuffs for the proper execution of the game in PC (Windows and Linux) and WIZ. For WIZ, the runtime should be used in folder .. /bgd-runtime (the runtime files don't are requiered include on package).

* Joystick and/or mouse supports is requiered.
   * Will be appraise the use of the touchscreen (in the case of Wiz), in case of PC, this will be the PC mouse (left button).
   * The game's language must be at least in English. More than one language is allowed.
   * We will not accept the use of unofficial modules (dlls/so).
   * Each participant may submit as many games to consider, but only the best of them may be creditors of one prize.

* We will evaluate the following categories:

- originality
         - playability
         - addiction
         - graphics
         - sound (music/effects).

* The court shall consist of GPH (the sponsor), SplinterGU (BennuGD) and some other members to nominate (this members will be announced shortly).
   * Jurors are not allowed to participate in the contest.

* Under no circumstances will allow games that infringe copyright in any aspect/feature of it.

* Games will not have content that is racist, discriminatory or prejudicial to the morals and customs, or prejudice of persons / entities / etc.
   * Contestants retain copyright of their works, which means you can reuse / donate code and resources on other projects. But both GPH as BennuGD may freely use all the games involving the competition, provided that this does not represent the sale of such games. BennuGD and GPH are authorized by the contestants to make free and open use of the games participants on issues such as: preinstalled games include in new Wiz or post it on their website as free fee download games, use them as promotion of their products, etc... The contestant shall not claim any economic reward to it.

* Participation in this competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the rules previously mentioned.

* Start/Finish time (subject to confirmation):

- Registration until November 15th (not required)  
   - Delivery until 6 January (the games must be send to splintergu@bennugd.org)
   - Results on January 16

* Awards:
          1st Prize: 1 Full Package WIZ (Wiz + accessories)
          2nd Prize: 1 Wiz.
          3rd Prize: Accessories Wiz.

Template for Wiz games... you only must include your .prg (only 1 prg) and resources in the game folder... if you have more that 1 prg, you need modify the script (.gpe) for launch the main prg.
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Sandman

Cool. A lot can be done in 2 months.

Nitpicking here, but it doesn't say anywhere that Bennu has to be used. Perhaps you should point this out explicitly.
-- Sandman

splinter_work

Please, some mod or admin, that fix the rules... in 3rd line, add "* The games must be programmed using BennuGD."

thanks...

josebita

In the rules, the last lines state:
Quote from: SplinterGU on November 03, 2009, 02:50:44 AM
    * Awards (for now only 1 prize):
          1st Prize: 1 Full Package WIZ (Wiz + accessories)
          2nd Prize: 1 Wiz.
          3rd Prize: Accessories Wiz.
I assume that's an error, right?. There are three prizes...

PS: Made the topis sticky

Burbruee

That's really cool. Might give me enough of inspiration to start programming again.

- Registration until November 15th (not required) 
So I don't have to register? I just have to send my completed work in before the deadline? (because I have a tendency to not complete my projects unfortunately.. ;))

So yeah, I might be interested. Where do I get the logos?

SplinterGU

first... wellcome... You can do it... the registration is only for stadistics...

We'r working in logos... comming soon...

good luck with contest... cool!

quasist

Looking forward to participate

Quote from: SplinterGU on November 04, 2009, 04:00:31 AM
first... wellcome... You can do it... the registration is only for stadistics...
You meant "sadistics"?   :o
Function Int Write_Signature()
Private
Begin
End;

Sandman

-- Sandman

SplinterGU

I already have some inscriptions...

Ariel Yust

Greetings  8) I accept your challange and I'm going to do all I can do in my limited time to win that prize~! >:}

I'm going to design a game so great that you guys won't be able to take off ur eyes of it~! its going to be like a plague~!!!
the only thing that will have a chance to save ur soul would be some pussy~!  :P hehehe

Good Luck Everyone~!! may the bst ahm ahm ~ me Win  8) ;D
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}

Sandman

Welcome Ariel and good luck! I'm sure we can expect a nice game from you. :)
-- Sandman

Windgate

Quote from: Ariel Yust on November 08, 2009, 05:16:15 PM
Greetings  8) I accept your challange and I'm going to do all I can do in my limited time to win that prize~! >:}

I'm going to design a game so great that you guys won't be able to take off ur eyes of it~! its going to be like a plague~!!!
the only thing that will have a chance to save ur soul would be some pussy~!  :P hehehe

Good Luck Everyone~!! may the bst ahm ahm ~ me Win  8) ;D

:o

Im waiting for that game... I'm playing this conquest too, I hope your game will be fuc..ing great.

Very welcome dude, and remeber: Don't program hard, program smart :)
Iván García Subero. Programador, profesor de informática, monitor de actividades culturales y presidente de TRINIT Asociación de Informáticos de Zaragoza. http://trinit.es

Ariel Yust

Sandman, Thanks dude I will try not to disapoint =]

Windgate, Thanks~! =] I'm also looking forwared to your game man =D

I will try not to put too much complications to my game and keep it as simple and full with depth as possible =]
I will try and make my code as clean as possible because Its going to be on the WIZ and I have no idea how will it handle it =]

my personal aim for this project would be the addiction and the playability aspects of the game =]
people that know me probably know that the graphics would be top notch as usual ;)

as we speak I already drew a main character figure animation something awsome realy! ;)
and I have a main idea ready and several features and ways to program it... I have the gameplay plan ready in my mind... now all I have to do
is draw and code it and see what happends... many changes are to be expected lolz =]

Ariel Yust

Btw where do I post screenshots and stuff regarding to the game?
I mean where is the topic for this competition? worklogs something? =] that would b nice...

and who judes the games? the users? selectble judges? and how do I sign in lol? =]]

Sandman

Quote from: Ariel Yust on November 13, 2009, 11:06:19 AM
Btw where do I post screenshots and stuff regarding to the game?
I mean where is the topic for this competition? worklogs something? =] that would b nice...
Yes, we need worklogs... but you can use the ones on Booleansoup for this, they are pretty good.

and who judes the games? the users? selectble judges?
* The court shall consist of GPH (the sponsor), SplinterGU (BennuGD) and some other members to nominate (this members will be announced shortly).
    * Jurors don't may participate in the contest.

and how do I sign in lol? =]]
Ya don't need to register for the competition, just hand in your game before the deadline and you're set.
-- Sandman