Previous topic - Next topic

josebita

Notice="News", as I understand.

josebita

aisman

Hello josebita,
I have 2 question about the Bennu Wii port:

1) Is the Motion Plus also supported?
2) Which chipmunk version (latest is 6.0.1) is used on the Wii port.
   (If it not 6.0.1 will it be updated too?)

Thanks
aisman

josebita

Quote from: aisman on August 12, 2011, 07:47:24 AM
Hello josebita,
I have 2 question about the Bennu Wii port:

1) Is the Motion Plus also supported?
2) Which chipmunk version (latest is 6.0.1) is used on the Wii port.
   (If it not 6.0.1 will it be updated too?)

Thanks
aisman
I haven't tested wiimotion plus, but it should work -at least- as well as normal wiimotes.
I'm using Chipmunk 5.3.4

Hope to see your games soon :)

aisman

Hello josebita,
I have some more questions about the Bennu Wii port:

1) Can I develope a Bennu game on Windows first and after that starting to port it for Wii?
2) Is it a hard work to port a Bennu Windows source to the Wii?
3) Is it a good idea to develope it on Windows before porting to Wii?

josebita

Well, the three questions are pretty much the same one :)

The idea is that you should be able to develop your games in your PC (windows, linux, whatever) and then port your games without much trouble to the Wii, as long as you've followed a few rules when developing them in your computer. You can find the details here:
http://code.google.com/p/bennugd-monolithic/wiki/WiiGettingStarted

But they're, basically:
DCBs created in your computer won't work in your Wii -> to play your games in your Wii, you have to compile them in your Wii [howto]
Your game resolution should be 640x480.
16 bits color is -obviously- faster.
You have to recode your songs to 48KHz (In your computer they're typically 22 or 44KHz) for them to play at right speed. If you want to avoid problems, you can use module tracker formats (XM, S3M, IT...) for the music.
To be able to read "advanced" data from your Wiimotes like orientation, accelerations... you have to use mod_wpad. You can find its documentation in the wiki and instructions on how to make code that uses mod_wpad and compiles fine in both your Wii and your PC here.

So, basically the idea is that it's easier to make your games in your computer and from time to time test them in your Wii to make sure that everything is working as expected.

square

How about gamecube controller support at the moment? Recently tested it and the left stick dosen't respond, making that control method kind of redundant...

I monitored joy_getaxis for axes 0,1 (horizontal, vertical) and it's frozen at 0.

I did some research and there is a new SDL wii version and a possible fix. If this is related or useful, have a look josebita:

http://code.google.com/p/sdl-wii/issues/detail?id=49
Square-theorist.