I can't create an account on the wiki page

Started by handsource-dyko, March 05, 2012, 03:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsource-dyko

I was wondering If the wiki can only be edited by some people. I want to create an account, but It say's it doesn't reconize my user name, by the Log in/ create account page. I would like to add some examples and add a document for the calloc() function.

josebita

I'd say that anonymous editing is on. You should be able to use it.

handsource-dyko

Ok, but how do I create a new page, i.e. for a function? It is possible to edit existing articles, but I can't find any button for creating one. This is why I thought it was nessesary to log in.

[EDIT]: I've figured it out by looking on the media wiki site. There should now be a work in progress article about calloc() in the mod_mem section. (http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?title=Calloc)

josebita

izubiaurre

Handsource-dyko, if you feel inspired, here you have a list of functions that are waiting to be documented in the wiki.

http://forum.bennugd.org/index.php?topic=1972.0

handsource-dyko

iI've got a few things in mind already: define_region, out_region and sizeof. I've browsed through all the modules in bennu's own source code, but it's a bit hard finding the argument names for the functions. I figured out that moddesc only showns the amount of arguments and their type. I've seen that some functions directly map to their C equivalent, and others to sdl functions. It would be handy if moddesc could print the arguments names, that would remove some of the guess work.

josebita

There are no default names for the arguments, just use some fancy ones or use the names that the C functions use.

handsource-dyko

Calloc article completed, also added extra example to alloc and realloc. Also created an article for sizeof.
Appearantly, the articles for our_region and define_region exist in mod_screen. I always associated them with scroll windows, so I thought they weren't documented. In my old DIV manual there are listed under the "scrolls" section.

izubiaurre

handsource-dyko

added the following docs:

- dirread
- stop_scroll
- move_scroll

If you have any remarks or additional code examples, let me know, and I'll add it.

izubiaurre

Handsource-dyko. Thanks for the documentation, but specially for the examples. They are very useful and well explained!

handsource-dyko

added march 8:

- say_fast
- filter
- format (mod_string)
- missing constants of mod_effects, used for grayscale (don't show up in list, don't know why, created a page called Grayscale_modes)
- file dialog tutorial, although I could not upload an image to display, because it requires a login.

also added in mod_file:

- frewind
- fmove
- fremove
- fflush (looks like a very miscellanous function, according to stuff I could find about it, it's from the standard C library and it's use is a bit unclear, some people say it's unnecessary to use it). Maybe it explains the difference between say() and say_fast().

josebita

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2