Programming competition 'Making my Game the way I like 2012'

Started by FreeYourMind, June 12, 2012, 07:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeYourMind

It's on air the new programming competition...

Programming competition 'Making my Game the way I like 2012'

You can get all the info in the official site:

http://gecasoft.no.sapo.pt/

I hope you participate, because I promess the prices be will improved a lot during the competition :)

PS: At the moment the rules are only in spanish, use google translator, sorry xD

MisterN

Programming contest ' Making my Game the way I like 2012'
Welcome to the contest that will try to make the delight of lovers of programming Homebrew games.
If games are your passion, you'll the retro and programming and creation of home videogameYou now have the opportunity to show us your work, for the system that you like and be rewarded for it!

The contest guidelines
1 Language and tools:
-Can be programmed with any programming language or technology existing on planet Earth,with the exception of the DIV-LIKE (languages derived from DIV Games studio),If you use a DIV-LIKE only hosts BennuGD (nor accept DIV Games studio).
BennuGD official website: http://www.bennugd.org/
-Can be done for any platform (console or SO) existing.
-You can use modules outside and owners if the language allows it.
-You can use any tool or auxiliary tool to it,necessary for the creation of graphics, models, sounds, etc.

2. Type of game:
There are 2 ways to enter:
1 - Those who participated in the previous contest 'Thunder Hoop Remake' may return to your project and present it in this contest.Be assessed the same improvements in comparison with the paper presented above, and taking into account the deadlinethe current contest. They will have to adapt to the new rules on the language to use.
2 Make a game or engine of creation of games, game free theme (original game, remake, etc),You can create the game that you want without any restriction of gender or age group.

3 Conditions:
-Each participant may submit as many games/engines as you want.
-In the case that it is a game should be the splash screen of the competition and this must be visible to the pricipioas 4 seconds minimum.The logo to be used will be available right here during the next few days, in several resolutions, it may not be amendedunless you need to change the resolution to one not available or the platform destination does not support the quality of the logo.
-Games may not be published until the contest is finished, only allowing is to teach any capture on any progress or help forum. If a game is released soon, it will be immediately disqualified.
-Games under 10 MB can be sent by e-mail to geca_portugal@yahoo.com.For games more than 10 MB, should provide a download link for the same in the email.
-Along with the game should include all the resources used by the same as well as the source code,scripts for configuration and compilation, compiler, etc.I.e., everything you need for compiling and proper functioning of the same.If you are using any module external or unit that has been programmed exclusively for it,This also should come with its source code in the language that has been created.The source code will be not evaluated, only will be taken into account to verify that there has been a minimum of effort when creating the game engine, and that this is not a mere copy/paste of other codes.In any case the code will be distruibuido to third parties unless the author stated it open source or as well understood.
The author shall have all the rights of his work, it may then distribute it under the license that he understands (open source, closed source, or whatever).
It should also include a "info.txt" file with the following information:-Name of the presented work.-Description of the game and brief user's manual.-Nick / name of the programmer.-Units or permissions from third parties (if there is something used under the consent of third people).-E-mail contact.

The following categories will be assessed:
-Originality and/or inovacíon (in the case that is a continuation of the game from the previous contest)
-Gameplay/add
Performance/robustness in its execution
-Graphics/animations (quality of ripping / animations or graphics originals/adapted quality)
-Music/sound FX (quality of ripping or original/adapted sound quality)

4 Awards:
First Prize:-Dreamcast (used) in perfect condition, with a remote control and all of its cables.-G18 Yinlips model A10 (seminueva), complete and perfect state of functioning.
Second Prize:-Console Gp2x Wiz (in perfect condition) with pen stylus, cable usb, which is in its original box.
Third Prize:-Card graphic Zotac Geforce 9300 ITX wifi slot pci express 16 x 2.0 (details)
IMPORTANT NOTE:These are Awards iniciales, awards will be improved with big surprises over the competition:
The contest is 'won't desert' if there are few participants, if for example is given only one,This win automatically the first prize.That if 'the non-delivery of the prize' is reserved if it is proven that the game has been 'only sent'to cover the post and this not pr
werg

FreeYourMind

Thanks to hardyx, now we have the rules in correct english  :D

Programming Contest 'Making my Game the way I like 2012'

If your passion are the games and you like retro programming and homebrew videogame creation, now you have the opportunity to show us your work, for the system you like and be rewarded for it!

Contest Rules

1 - Language and Tools:

- Can be programmed with any programming language or technology on the planet Earth, except for DIV-LIKE (languages ​​derived from DIV Games studio) if you use a DIV-LIKE only will be accepted BennuGD (also we don't accept DIV Games studio).

Official BennuGD Website: http://www.bennugd.org/

- It can be done for any platform (console or SO) system.
- You can use external modules and owners if the language allows.
- You can use any tool or auxiliary tool, necessary for the creation of graphics, models, sounds, etc.

2 - Type of game:

There are 2 possible ways to compete:

1 - Those who participated in the previous contest 'Thunder Hoop Remake' will continue his project and present it in this contest. Improvements will be evaluated compared to the work presented previously and taking into account the timeline of
the current competition. They will have to adapt to new rules on language use.

2 - Make a game or game creation engine, free-themed game (the original game, remake, etc.) you create the game you want with no restrictions on gender or age group.

3 - Conditions:

- Each participant may submit as many games / engines as you like.

- If a game it must bear the splash screen contest and this must be visible at game beginning at least for 4 seconds.
The logo will be available to use right here in the coming days, in several cases can not be modified unless you need to change the resolution to a non-existent or that the target platform does not support the quality of the logo.

- The games may not be published until the contest is finished, the only thing allowed is show some screenshot in any progress or help forum. If any game is released before this, it will be disqualified immediately.

- The games of less than 10 MB can be sent by e-mail to geca_portugal@yahoo.com.
For games with more than 10 MB, you must provide a download link in the email itself.

- Along with the game must include all resources used by it and all the source code,
configuration scripts and compilation, compiler, etc. In other words, everything needed to compile and correct operation.
If you use any external module or unit programmed exclusively for it, this also should be come with source code in the language that has been created.
The source code will not be evaluated, only be taken into account to verify that there has been a minimum of effort to create the game / engine, and that this is not a simple copy / paste from other codes.
We never will distribute the source code to third parties unless the author declares open source or he wants.

The author shall have all rights to his work, you can then distribute under the license you want (open source, closed source, or whatever).

Also include a file "info.txt" with the following information:
- Name of the work presented.
- Brief description of the game and manual.
- Nick / Name of the programmer.
- Units or permit third parties (if there is something used with the consent of third people).
- E-mail contact.

We evaluate the following categories:

- Originality and / or innovation (for that is a continuation of the previous game contest)
- Gameplay / addition
- Performance / robustness in execution
- Graphics / Animation (quality ripping / animation or graphics quality original / adapted)
- Music / Sound FX (ripping quality or sound quality original / adapted)

4 - Prizes:

First prize:
- Dreamcast (used) in perfect working order, with a remote and all cables.
- Yinlips G18 A10 model (preowned), complete and perfect working order.

Second prize:
- GP2X Wiz (in perfect condition) with pen stylus, usb cable carrying all in its original box.

Third prize:
- Graphics Card Zotac GeForce 9300 ITX WiFi PCI Express x16 2.0 (Details)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
These are initial awards, prizes will be upgraded with big surprises along the contest

The contest not 'be declared void' if there are few participants, if for example is given only one, this automatically win the first prize.
That if, is reserved 'not delivering the award' if it is found that the game has been 'just sent' for the post and does not present a minimum quality.

5 - Dates:

Deadline for the games: Oct. 31, 2012 (24:00 hours of Madrid / Spain).
Announcement of winners: 1 ~ 20 November 2012.

6 - Additional Information:

The jury will consist of 5 people who will be announced after evaluating all jobs.

Jurors will not be able to participate in the contest (to be chosen from persons not participating).

All Content included in the games is all on the responsibilities of the authors.

Participants outside of Spain will have to cover the cost of shipping the prize and must compulsorily have a PayPal account where they would receive the prize if you win.

The rules may be changed.

Any additions or changes made to them will be advised also in respective forums where you advertise.

Participation in this Contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the rules listed above.

Thank you very much to 'cjv99' user of the GP32Spain forum for donating the prizes.

FreeYourMind

panreyes

Impressive. I promise not to participate. And I use to break my promises, so, we will see :)

BTW, the Zotac prize is not a graphics card, it's an ITX motherboard, supporting 775 processors.
It's meant for computers in ITX size

Also. Why that anti-Gemix retriction? It only helps to feed the hate, and I don't agree.

SplinterGU

Quote from: PiXeL on August 25, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
Also. Why that anti-Gemix retriction? It only helps to feed the hate, and I don't agree.

Hahahahahaha! Good joke, PiXeL!!! I did not know your role as comedian... :D

I agree with FreeYourMind.
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

panreyes

Not joking. I think you misunderstood me or I didn't express myself as I would do in Spanish. See you at the other topic xD

cjv99

Efectivewonder!!! The Zotac is a motherboard for build your personal computer with a factor format of 17x17.

Includes slot pci express, i believe remeber that 8 gb of ram memory and pci express with differents speeds, you can use the same graphics that a computer ordinary and is possible a quad core processor, but with form factor mini itx, is very small this mother board and exitst nano itx (12 cm) and pico itx (10 cm), i'm very impressive with this motherboards.

It's increible this motherboard and I want buy other mini itx board.

it's a pleasure write in this forum.

Thanks a lot.

Cordialy..

cjv99.

SplinterGU

Quote from: cjv99 on October 29, 2012, 08:32:12 PM
Efectivewonder!!! The Zotac is a motherboard for build your personal computer with a factor format of 17x17.

Includes slot pci express, i believe remeber that 8 gb of ram memory and pci express with differents speeds, you can use the same graphics that a computer ordinary and is possible a quad core processor, but with form factor mini itx, is very small this mother board and exitst nano itx (12 cm) and pico itx (10 cm), i'm very impressive with this motherboards.

It's increible this motherboard and I want buy other mini itx board.

it's a pleasure write in this forum.

Thanks a lot.

Cordialy..

cjv99.

Oh, your first message my friend!

Wellcome!
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

cjv99

Thanks for you reception, but the english isn't my especiality.

Yes, my first message and is every a pleasure in this forum.

I'm sorry by my future faults in english languaje.

Thanks.

cjv99.