[PORT] GP2X

Started by Sandman, March 15, 2009, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman

Haha well I tried asking on gp32x.com and on the IRC channel, but they're not very interested (didn't get an answer). But it doesn't matter, because the current Bennu renderer uses its own routines and not SDL, so the renderer needs to be optimized for the GP2X anyway. We can learn how uFenix did this and then see what we need.
-- Sandman

Drumpi

Looks like efegea, in gp32spain, is interested to do some bennu modules. I told him to ask to you, Sandman, maybe can help you (if he don't ignore me ;D)
Pray pray ¡play!
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

square

Wonderful wonderful!

This is a landmark of development for sure.

I've been looking forward to this moment, because I am going to develop games for the "Pandora", that is, if we are to see a finished console sometime this year!

If anyone is interested go to http://openpandora.org where you can pre-order a machine, but i warn that they are being incredibly slow with making, testing and shipping the consoles!
Square-theorist.

Drumpi

Now, we got the WIZ version of Bennu, and it's an official port.
Sandman ¿are you tried to "port" this new version?
Recently i downloaded the new official SDK for linux, but i don't know how to use: there are lots of directories, and more executable files and... :S
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Drumpi

Sandman ¿Are you here?
(Drumpi epic moment)

Sandman

Yes! I'm here. :)

I can compile a new version, but I can't test it, because I don't have a power adapter at the moment. Will get one soon. In the meantime, perhaps you can do the testing, if you like. I'm also waiting for the alignment fix to be included, very important...!
-- Sandman

Drumpi

Ok, i can help you now ;)
And perhaps can do it for you. I think you readed some other post recently (like the english-only forum one). Now i've got cygwin and toolchains in windows (i don't know if well or not ^^U) and tryin by myself with no results (sorry, but my skills are very low... lower than my spanish->english experience).
Splinter said me to ask to you how do you compile Bennu to try by myself, so here i am.
I hope i could help you with this, a Bennu port for GP2X can boost some of my projects, like FenixLand, a FZero-like (with some strange changes) or another one (i can't tell nothing now), so i'm motivated (and got an exam nearly, so motivation++ ;D).

Thank to your time ;)

PD: About this alignment fix... ¿Splinter don't tell you nothing about...? (don't know if it's a real secret or he's joking ^^U)
(Drumpi epic moment)