Ubuntu PPA

Started by josebita, March 11, 2009, 01:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josebita

I made some progress with that. I uploaded libirrlicht to the ppa.
I'll upload the rest of the dependencies and then try again.

l1nk3rn3l

Imerion

Seems it didn't work. :( Does it depend on even more libraries perhaps? The buildlog mentions libBullet and stuff, but I don't know if thats related.
Try my games : Neotron Games

josebita

Quote from: Imerion on November 13, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Seems it didn't work. :( Does it depend on even more libraries perhaps? The buildlog mentions libBullet and stuff, but I don't know if thats related.
No, libirrlicht (the upstream library) is uploaded, mod_irrlicht (the bennugd module) is not yet.

MisterN

Can you make an isntaller that I can put on a usb stick?
werg

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on November 13, 2011, 08:12:04 PM
Can you make an isntaller that I can put on a usb stick?
An installer for what?

If it's my PPA... not really; you'd have to configure your usb disk as a repository in the target system which kind of goes against the idea of creating the PPA (making things simple for installing and always having the latest bennugd code without actually having to install it manually).
You could, however, download all the .deb packages and install the in the target system manually.

josebita

mod_curl is now in my PPA (the package is called bennugd-module-curl).

josebita

Updated binaries with the latest code are now in their way to my PPA.
Also, binaries are now being compiled for Ubuntu 12.04 and copied for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.10 (when released).

josebita

Please, don't update the bennugd-modules package from the PPA just yet.

josebita

You can now upgrade freely. Sorry for the inconvenience.

josebita

I've updated the bennug binaries with the latest code from the SVN. It has one known blitter bug.

I've also uploaded mod_iconv and mod_pango and the base library to be able to eventually upload the latest mod_chipmunk.

MisterN

when I finish my game (soon) I will send it to you so you can see a big game running on it.
werg

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on January 12, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
when I finish my game (soon) I will send it to you so you can see a big game running on it.
Wonderful :)

I've uploaded the latest mod_chipmunk to my PPA. It's working fine on my side, but if you find any problems, please let me know.

josebita

mod_ttf and mod_sqlite are on their way to the PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10.

josebita

Quote from: josebita on January 24, 2013, 01:05:41 AM
mod_ttf and mod_sqlite are on their way to the PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10.
mod_sqlite made it, but I'll need to tweak mod_ttf so that it compiles with recent versions of BennuGD. It shouldn't be difficult.