Another contest, perhaps?

Started by Fourty-one, September 20, 2010, 10:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fourty-one

Quote from: FreeYourMind on September 25, 2010, 07:43:50 PM

;D

Quote from: SplinterGU on September 25, 2010, 07:35:11 PM

It's in gp32spain... In bennugd forum the people don't have money...

Oh? Then how did you get money for that Android tablet? By some magical money fairy? ;D
Stupidity. Its contagious.
You might want to get away from me before it spreads.

SplinterGU

yes, but... 100$ don't are 4000$
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

FreeYourMind

I got my Windows back  ;D
Here they are the dingoo alpha port, with the shooter example.
Fourty-one, take a look at the demo (i don't execute the demo yet, i'm lazy  :D) d if it's posible, put a photo at the forum.
Thanks.

Drumpi

The GP32spain contest was translated to 7 languajes, and was reported on gp32x english forums :D :D :D

Wow, i was lost 2 days and we got the first copy-paste game? well, making graphics it's a work, but if this is true, 40-1 must be put in credits.
Anyway, if i'm not wrong, this game was so similar to some tutorials, so maybe it was just pure chance.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Fourty-one

Quote from: FreeYourMind on September 26, 2010, 12:28:42 PM
I got my Windows back  ;D
Here they are the dingoo alpha port, with the shooter example.
Fourty-one, take a look at the demo (i don't execute the demo yet, i'm lazy  :D) d if it's posible, put a photo at the forum.
Thanks.

Yep, that's squarepush's tutorial. Its on the bennu wiki( of which I got my idea and general start in bennu from this tutorial) and put credit in my game code after I added other things(shooting, enemies, more backgrounds, etc). The movement and scrolling in my game are based from that code( as well as some graphics), but I added other code and sounds, and just credited squarepush.

I've attached a picture of what it looks like. Don't be suprised if it looks like mine( and behave like mine, but without enemies and without shooting and other things), I based my code of off this. There is a small bug in the tutorial where pressing escape brings you to the "title screen", but ship doesn't disappear.

Quote from: Drumpi on September 26, 2010, 03:47:51 PM
The GP32spain contest was translated to 7 languajes, and was reported on gp32x english forums :D :D :D

Wow, i was lost 2 days and we got the first copy-paste game? well, making graphics it's a work, but if this is true, 40-1 must be put in credits.
Anyway, if i'm not wrong, this game was so similar to some tutorials, so maybe it was just pure chance.
That's what I want to think, but its line for line the same, just with some spanish comments. All the variables are still in english, and the only things translated are the strings displayed.

FreeYourMind

A very popular clone of r-type, parsing hand by hand  ;D
Finally the mystery is resolved  ;)

Fourty-one

Quote from: FreeYourMind on September 26, 2010, 07:07:51 PM
A very popular clone of r-type, parsing hand by hand  ;D
Finally the mystery is resolved  ;)

:D

A few posts earlier, Drumpi mentioned that there was a contest from this forum around the same time as the gp32spain one. Where was the information on that? All I see posts for are the contest in January. Would someone mind explaining that a little bit more?

FreeYourMind

Drumpi refers to the contest you participate, in this forum with your space shooter.
It's the only made on this forum, and before gp32spain second contest.

Fourty-one

Ah. He mentioned it twice, so I thought maybe there were two contests. Thanks for the help FreeYourMind(or should I call you Geca?). Anyway, thanks to all who helped sort out the code mess. Last question, when/if a caanoo is ever available from a contest, would the winner be able to choose what color it comes in? Its a dumb question I know, and you guys probably don't know the answer(unless one of you works for GPH secretly.... ;D ).

FreeYourMind

Geca it's my last name, FreeYourMind it's my Nick (Alter Ego) from Bennu forums and GameMaster from Gp32spain forum (Another Ego)  ;D ;D
You have a lot of posibilities  :D

FreeYourMind

Quote from: Fourty-one on September 26, 2010, 11:23:55 PM
Last question, when/if a caanoo is ever available from a contest, would the winner be able to choose what color it comes in? Its a dumb question I know, and you guys probably don't know the answer(unless one of you works for GPH secretly.... ;D ).

GPH participate in the contest with Wiz's, but it don't means he participate again in the next Bennu contest :)
We want to beliebe it, and if it's a reality, the choose of the caanoo color it's a good extra, but winning a free sample of this great console, the color isn't very important  ;D

Drumpi

I said about two last contest, yes: january's bennu contest and july gp32spain ^^U

I think if you win a free console, you mustn't ask for a color (you win what they offer). I think i won a Caanoo in last contest because WIZ was out of market, but i got a WIZ :P
But i'm using it a lot (two weeks to start my first WIZ developed game).
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)