Smart Fpg Editor

Started by darío, January 03, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaViS

Quote from: darío on July 31, 2015, 07:23:10 PM
I considered and C#, Visual Basic with Mono, but I was not satisfied with the options I had for creating the GUI.

I thought porting a .NET application with Mono was pretty straight forward. We should check how is the status of Mono today to see if it became more easy.

- Have you ever used the non-visual control point editor?
Nope.
- How do you use the drag&drop functionality? There is drag&drop between different windows, but it is also possible to drag&drop to the desktop or to other applications. Have you ever used those functionalities?
I've used it mostly to import and export files from/to the FPGs. But I do think the ability to to drag&drop between windows is very useful.
- What about support for 8bpp maps? Are you using it?
Not really, but not because I don't want to, I find the pallete support on bennu a really good advantage in comparison to other alternatives.
But all the work that has been made so far to update BennuGD are announcing the drop of support for 8bpp files, and since I want to keep my sources as "portable?" as possible to new Bennu versions, I choose  not to use 8bbp graphics. Too bad, because I'm really needing it.
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

darío

QuoteI thought porting a .NET application with Mono was pretty straight forward. We should check how is the status of Mono today to see if it became more easy.

Well, in Mono there is support for WinForms 2, and althought it is an option, Ms is favouring WPF over WinForms and I am not willing to start coding in a "legacy" technology again. Then there is Gtk# but well, I just did not feel like learning it...

Thanks for your comments... That may help for a possible "Smart Fpg Editor Py", will see...
My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

JaViS

Quote from: darío on August 01, 2015, 03:07:41 PM
QuoteI thought porting a .NET application with Mono was pretty straight forward. We should check how is the status of Mono today to see if it became more easy.

Well, in Mono there is support for WinForms 2, and althought it is an option, Ms is favouring WPF over WinForms and I am not willing to start coding in a "legacy" technology again. Then there is Gtk# but well, I just did not feel like learning it...

Thanks for your comments... That may help for a possible "Smart Fpg Editor Py", will see...

I've been using WPF a bit last year, and honestly it seems like it has a very long read ahead before being in condition to replace WinForms. There are a LOT of things that simply can't be done without calling a WinForm complement. So I guess using it is not yet outdated

JaViS

A good feature which is missing in the tool would be to have the option to save the FPG compressed or decompressed, Bennu can handle both formats, but the Android port works only with decompressed FPGs.

Thanks!

darío

Ok, I will consider it.

Thank you.
My sites:
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

darío

Hi Javis,

I have just finished implementing the feature you requested of disabling GZip compression for Fpgs. I have uploaded the changes to the "development" branch in bitbucket. If you can wait, I will be creating an installer release soon. I need to polish some details of the new functionality and to make the same for the rest of Bennu file formats.

They way to configure it will be via the conf.xml file within the installation folder:

<Encoders>
<encoder class="cDefaultFpgEncoder">
<option key="use-gzip" value="False" />
</encoder>
</Encoders>

It is not much coding I need to do before I create the installer release, but since I can only dedicate around 8h per week you might have to wait 1 or 2 weeks. You can however compile it yourself if you still have your VB6 copy there...

It is actually kind of fun to code in VB6 again!

Darío

My sites:

JaViS

Quote from: darío on September 13, 2015, 09:42:30 PM
Hi Javis,

I have just finished implementing the feature you requested of disabling GZip compression for Fpgs. I have uploaded the changes to the "development" branch in bitbucket. If you can wait, I will be creating an installer release soon. I need to polish some details of the new functionality and to make the same for the rest of Bennu file formats.

They way to configure it will be via the conf.xml file within the installation folder:

<Encoders>
<encoder class="cDefaultFpgEncoder">
<option key="use-gzip" value="False" />
</encoder>
</Encoders>

It is not much coding I need to do before I create the installer release, but since I can only dedicate around 8h per week you might have to wait 1 or 2 weeks. You can however compile it yourself if you still have your VB6 copy there...

It is actually kind of fun to code in VB6 again!

Darío
Great news!! Thank you very much, it's a very cool feature!

I can totally wait, I need this feature for exporting the game to Android, but right now  it's not finished.

It's amazing that vb6 is still working that well on newer windows haha!!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

darío

Hi Javis,

I built a new version of Smart Fpg Editor (0.4.7). It took longer than I wanted because other matters arised...

For the moment the compression disabling only works for FPG files, but I guess that is more than enough for your purposes.

Let me know if you encounter any problem.

Mvh,
Darío

My sites:

JaViS

thank you very much.

just wanted to let you know that I´ve been using it very much lately, and the functionality to drag images between two different FPG files was very helpful.

thank you for this awesome editor :D

darío

Great, thank you.

Let me know if you encounter any troubles or have further suggestions.

Mhv,
Darío
My sites:

darío

Released version 0.4.8 which is a maintenance release to avoid the program to crash when reading FPGEdit's malformed FPGs.

So it is possible to open FPGEdit fpgs, and save again in Smart Fpg Editor and they will be "cleaned".
My sites:

josebita

JaViS

Hi Dario

I've detected a bug with the latest version.

I have one specific FPG I've created with Bennu, (16 bits, but filled with 8 bits pngs).

The version 0.4.5 is able to read it correctly, but the latest version shows it empty

darío

Hi Javis,

Thanks for reporting.

There were some changes from 0.4.5 to handle the issue with the malformed FPG formats from Fpg edits, so there is a chance that I introduced some bug in the FPG decoding function, or if Bennu has changed, that I need to handle it in a different way.

Is it possible for you to open a bug in the project page? https://bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor/issues?status=new&status=open

If you can share the FPG (as an attachment to the issue), it will be very helpful. If not, try to create one you can share or share it privately via mail. I believe I can have a quick look at it and see if I can release a new version in short.

My sites:

darío

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot look at it until the weekend as I left my WinXP virtual machine in a different town, but I do not expect it is difficult to fix and I believe it is time for a new mantainance release so I will fix it very soon.

Thanks for the sample FPG.

Darío
My sites: