Smart Fpg Editor

Started by darío, January 03, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaViS

Quote from: darío on October 29, 2016, 10:14:44 PM
New version 0.5.2 with a new feature I call "smart compression" which makes it very easy to work with both compressed and uncompressed FPG without having to touch the global configuration file.

I will see if I can upload a video tomorrow but if you feel adventurous go and [ur=]https://bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor/downloads]download it.

The trick of the manifest should no longer be necessary.

I hope you find it useful.

Darío
Thank you very much! This is actually a very useful feature!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

darío

As promised, here there is the video.

Smart Fpg Editor 0.5.2 - Smart Compression: https://youtu.be/48jZ1Gse7i8

It is probably the first time I add audio to a video...  :o
My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

DCelso

Congratulations. Great tool and great tutorial.
Monstruos Diabólicos

"A PAck of classic GAMEs For BennuGD" en desarrollo
http://code.google.com/p/apagame4be/

JaViS

Hi Dario,

I found a bug: After removing more than one graphics at once from the FPG, the selected graphic is shown misplaced, where one of the removed graphics used to be. After removing graphics, I think the editor should deselect all .

Also, I have a little request. Instead showing a black background for the transparency in the thumbnail, could you show a checkboard image instead? black makes it difficult to see dark graphics.

Thanks!

darío

Hi Javis,

If you can create a couple of issues in the Bitbucket project page (https://bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor) I'll see what I can do!

My sites:
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

JaViS

darío

I thought the checkboard thing was going to be more difficult... but it was actually changing "False" to "True"... literally...

m_Fpg.Maps(i).Draw bb.hdc, iX + lThOX + lGphOX, _
                        iY + lThOY + lGphOY, lGraphicW, lGraphicH, , , , , TRUE

I will make it optional through configuration file or through GUI. That means it will take a little bit longer.

The other problem is also fixed. Thanks for reporting.
My sites:

JaViS

Quote from: darío on May 22, 2017, 10:03:08 PM
I thought the checkboard thing was going to be more difficult... but it was actually changing "False" to "True"... literally...

m_Fpg.Maps(i).Draw bb.hdc, iX + lThOX + lGphOX, _
                        iY + lThOY + lGphOY, lGraphicW, lGraphicH, , , , , TRUE

I will make it optional through configuration file or through GUI. That means it will take a little bit longer.

The other problem is also fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Wow that was easy :D

BTW: The Editor is looking great with the checkboard on the thumbnails :D So professional

darío

Please check out version 0.5.5 in download page
For visual instructions check the attached screenshot.

Your last preference will not be saved (sorry it would have taken too long to implement), but you can configure the default mode in the conf.xml file under section <FpgEditor> (instructions in place).

Hope it works as expected.

My sites:

JaViS

Thanks for implementing this feature! I think it will be very useful.

Why do you think this shouldn't be the default mode?

darío

Hi Javis,

There are no "hard" reasons for not having it as default, but it is based on the following:

• Render time: Drawing maps with chekboard background was implemented since long time ago, since it is used in the Map editor. However, it takes a bit longer to draw the map on the checkoard bg. This might not be a problem with today's computer but since I develop Smart Fpg Editor in a virtualized Windows Xp with low dedicated resources I can see the difference.
  • Conservationism: I want to limit chances of Smart Fpg Editor being unstable when using "new features" since the hours I can dedicate to it are very limited. Since I will not have time to make use of SmartFpgEditor as a user I depend totally on users such as you to test the new functionality in "real conditions". At the same time I want to reduce the chances that "new users" will encounter any problem which would make them stay away from the program.
But as I said, you can set your default transparency as wished in the configuration file:

<FpgEditor>
    <!--
    When true, transparent graphics will be rendered on a checkboard
    background by default in the FpgEditor windows. When false, the
    graphics are rendered on a black background.
    -->
    <Option key="transparent-bg" value="false" />
  </FpgEditor>

Change "false" to "true" and you will have the transparent background as default for every smart fpg editor window you open.

My sites:

JaViS

makes sense! thanks :)