DIVDX Wishlist

Started by MikeDX, February 14, 2016, 03:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDX

Since the div2 port is now nearly finished, it's time to start adding new features. In addition to high colour, what should we have in the new IDE and engine?

Post your comments here and i will add them to the lost and evaluate them for inclusion :)

JaViS

The ability to render an scroll on a map is very useful. Mostly for zoom effects :)
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

JaViS

Also, to should definitely take a look at the features added by fenix and BennuGD through the years, like the alpha local variable, for example.
They become so familiar to the community, that I couldn't imagine not having them in DIV
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

Drumpi

Just don't open the box of thunders, or you're goint to be overflowed with suggestions :D
But I always missed a good sound library... ok, maybe mod sound library may I say, because today I cannot make games with speed selector, manual loops, runtime activation/deactivation of channels... the cool mod stuff :D
But also I cannot compose music, so... :P
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

MikeDX

DIV has always supported MOD files - and soon will support VGM music

also, the local alpha (transparent) var is in progress for the 32bits version :)

Drumpi

Yes, it had support for MOD, S3M and XM, but not IT, and can't change play speed, mute channels or pitch shifting, just PLAY_SONG, STOP_SONG, RESUME_SONG and... that's it. I don't remember more functions associated to mod files.
I remember you can pitch shift sound effects, like in Speed for Dummies, but not with music ;)
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

l1nk3rn3l

1. DIVDX trial version to download (or limited free version as "construct 2", unity free)
    example: (only window exe export to free version)

2. SDK download to develop modules or improve tools

thx.. nice tool ... 

Transdiv

Something that would be very useful can be some kind of GUI framework, I remember that Splinter was making a very nice one, but he lost the sources when his hard-disk goes kaput and he doesn't want to redo all the work. I know that this can be very difficult and tedious to code, but I believe it can be a very nice addition to Div3.

darío

Hi!

I finally had the chance to read all the information that had been posted on DIV DX and the impressive amount of platforms it is targetting! Nice piece of work!

Somewhere I read that the native DIV graphic-related formats (MAP, FPG, ...) had been refreshed to support 32bpp. I wonder if (and wish that) the specification of the format will be available (as it was for the original DIV) for us to be able to make tools to support them outside DIV Gui, or if there is no intention of sharing that kind of information.

Regards,

Darío

My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

MikeDX

Quote from: darío on February 21, 2016, 12:55:26 PM

Somewhere I read that the native DIV graphic-related formats (MAP, FPG, ...) had been refreshed to support 32bpp. I wonder if (and wish that) the specification of the format will be available (as it was for the original DIV) for us to be able to make tools to support them outside DIV Gui, or if there is no intention of sharing that kind of information.

Yes the file formats will all be published when they are finalised :)

Erkosone

darío

Thats great news, i hope you opt format specification easy to distinguish from other already existing 16 and 32bpp formas of bennu... I will gladly add support for them in my applications egen they become available.
My sites:
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

Drumpi

It's really necessary to create new FPG16 and FPG32 file formats? They're pretty the same as FPG8, with the basic improvements, aren't they?
(Drumpi epic moment)

MikeDX

Quote from: Drumpi on February 23, 2016, 09:03:55 PM
It's really necessary to create new FPG16 and FPG32 file formats? They're pretty the same as FPG8, with the basic improvements, aren't they?

The problem is that fpg are not compressed. 16 and 32 bit fpgs would be huge if we kept the map format

darío

Fenix/Bennu/PixTudio already supported 16 and 32bpp maps, fpgs and fnts. I guess what Drumpi is asking is if it is not possible to use Bennu's Map and Fpg formats for the 16 and 32bpp versions. That would bbe of course very interesting, because there is already a limited amount of tools that can operate these formats, but you might have other plans... In that case I hope you opt for different magic numers than bennu uses today (bennu uses "m16", "m32", "f16", "f32") so as not to complicate the live for the already existing tools.

Bennu/PixTudio formats support transparently GZip compression.
My sites: