Escape From Zombie City

Started by tmoney, April 04, 2010, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmoney

I have submitted and it has been posted, my second WIP of Escape From Zombie City, on the Bennu Projects page (the first WIP I posted over on Boolean Soup back when I was coding it in fenix).  Please check it out, give it a whirl: http://projects.bennugd.org/?details=43

let me know what you think.  all feedback is welcome, many of the improvements from first wip to this wip are because of feedback.

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

TYCO

Programador, Escritor/Guionista y Deportista.

Todo Modo Gráfico tiene por detrás una Línea de Comandos.

SnowCraft Remake (100%)
Rally Mortal (87%)

Mr Matsusaka

Your game rocks man!

This is one of the best games with hand-made graphics I've found out in the Bennu cataloge. Very funny and very well done sprites. Also, the plot seems interesting! Is the game history 100% implemented on the game, or is it on working process at the moment? I was playing all the way and I couldn't find the next place to go so, I wonder if it was me, or the game :P

Where are you from by the way? How did you know about BennuGD?

FreeYourMind

Is the winner of the 2nd place of Bennu contest :)
Your new game is very nice too!

tmoney

thank you, freeyourmind, much appreciated.

Quote from: Mr Matsusaka on May 03, 2010, 05:31:48 PM
Your game rocks man!

This is one of the best games with hand-made graphics I've found out in the Bennu cataloge. Very funny and very well done sprites. Also, the plot seems interesting! Is the game history 100% implemented on the game, or is it on working process at the moment? I was playing all the way and I couldn't find the next place to go so, I wonder if it was me, or the game :P

Where are you from by the way? How did you know about BennuGD?

thanks!  it's a work in progress, only four levels are available in this version.  i have a lot done (been working on this since late 2006), but am still quite a ways away from completion.  i am from the US, specifically Milwaukee WI.  i started coding with the div language since just before div2 came out, and then on to fenix, and now bennu.

coincidentally, just today i put together a little teaser image for the game, which shows the 12 suspects:

Mr Matsusaka

Wonderful! I liked the new playable characters and situations. I just can't wait to see the final version of this game. Do you think we will be able to try a new demo soon?

tmoney

yes.  i'm hoping to have a new, more involved WIP ready in a couple of weeks.

Mr Matsusaka

Is the new demo ready???????  :D

tmoney

no... damn caanoo is setting me back.  but i do have it running on the caanoo.  i'll have to tweak the controls a little to make use of the analog.

Mr Matsusaka

How is going that Canoo version? In case it isn't going well, won't be possible to have a PC version now?

tmoney

actually, i'm very close to having it ready.  i was hoping to get it done tonight (still saturday here in the US), but i've been having trouble getting the music to work with me instead of against me.  the initial caanoo set back was actually with danger quest monster night.  i was trying to find a solution as the firmware that the caanoo came with had problems with both the touch screen and ogg/mp3 files, i spent a lot of time trying to find a compromise with the music files.  and i'm finding that even the compromise that worked for DQMN, is not quite sufficient for escape from zombie city.  even with the new firmware, there is sporadic slow down in EFZC when i use ogg files (although the touch screen issue is much better).  for the moment i'm chopping up the music into pieces as wav files.  this creates slight "blips" in the middle of the songs where there is a split second of silence, but it's pretty negligible.  i just got that working before jumping on the forum here and seeing your post.

i wasn't planning on spending so much time fighting with sound files.  i was also working on a smarter system for loading sound fx today, which i planned on doing after releasing the new wip, but i had a couple of sound fx to add before posting and it just made sense to upgrade now.

i need to do a little cleaning up, and tinker with a few things and it'll be ready.

FreeYourMind

There is a new 'update' that fix the problem of sound and slowdown  ;)

tmoney

i have the update.  but there is still a very distinct difference between the speed when i use ogg files and wav files.  after seeing the difference i'm just not willing to give up the speed and consistent frame rate.