A new Bennu site with games showcase, beginner friendly.

Started by square, June 20, 2010, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square

Hi guys.

I would like your blessing for a Bennu site I have designed. I like to think it's pretty swish.  ;)

Firstly, I'm not trying to take place of bennugd.org.. that is the last thing I want, but it looks quite good - also I wanted to make a site very beginner friendly, a good advertisement for Bennu and fun! Please visit. At the moment is on a temporary url. Maybe you could suggest a better URL? For ease of memory for visitors.

http://bennugd.squarespace.com

I think the more publicity for Bennu the better! Maybe someone could help me convert it to a spanish version too?? It's an option.

Secondly can you please PLEASE change the link on bennugd.org for the bennugd.co.uk forum. It was never intended to be an English-Only forum, despite what the general opinion is. If people want to speak other languages on the forum that was always fine with me and I'm sure Sandman would agree. I don't like this assumption, and would have definately created a section for Spanish speakers.. and indeed all any other used popular language, except you link to it as English-only??

"English forum" would be a better link for it! Please!

Anyway, it's down for maintenance at the moment, for those who do speak English I think it was very useful as a resource and very explanatory, particuarly for beginners, who are sometimes just a little forgotten in the community.
Square-theorist.

FreeYourMind

It's a great contribute, but in my personal opinion you can do the same contribute from english principiants in the oficial english section.
The spanish section is more active because they are more spanish users actives, and the english users appears to have afraid to contribute in the english section :)

square

This isn't about English, Spanish or any language!

It's about there being a new site for Bennu that will attract new users. If it is converted to Spanish too it's all the better.
Square-theorist.

josebita

Quote from: square on June 20, 2010, 08:59:06 AM
Hi guys.

I would like your blessing for a Bennu site I have designed. I like to think it's pretty swish.  ;)
[...]
Hi square, I like your website. I think it's really nice/needed to have bennugd-related websites other than the official ones, as long as people know they can come here looking for the latest official resources. I feel that to be particularly true for non-spanish speaking projects so I really appreciate your effort :)

Secondly can you please PLEASE change the link on bennugd.org for the bennugd.co.uk forum. It was never intended to be an English-Only forum, despite what the general opinion is. If people want to speak other languages on the forum that was always fine with me and I'm sure Sandman would agree. I don't like this assumption, and would have definately created a section for Spanish speakers.. and indeed all any other used popular language, except you link to it as English-only??

"English forum" would be a better link for it! Please!
Done. Please let me know of these kind of things (be it PM or email). They're really easy to fix and usually come from confusions on my side.

Also, if you ever find a piece of news that you find interesting and isn't being posted in the main site's news section feel free to drop me a few lines with your ideas or the newspiece itself (say you post something in your site and want it to be republished in the main site). It should get online pretty easily :).

Anyway, it's down for maintenance at the moment, for those who do speak English I think it was very useful as a resource and very explanatory, particuarly for beginners, who are sometimes just a little forgotten in the community.
Nice to know the forums are not dead, hoping to see them back online soon!

PS: A link to http://projects.bennugd.org would really fir on your page, don't you think so?

panreyes

In my opinion:
First: BennuGD games showcase should be at http://projects.bennugd.org
And last: I don't know why we need the unofficial forum at bennugd.co.uk. It should be all together in the official one, that's why it's available in english and spanish.
I don't like your web linking to that forum instead of BennuGD's forum. In fact, i'm not sure that BennuGD's website should point to the unofficial forum.

But that's a really polemical opinion xD

square

Hey. Thanks for your great opinions.

1) Firstly you are correct about the bennugd.co.uk forum. Apart from some very interesting discussion we didn't have a vast number of users, though a few development issues were talked about there (also it got stuckie quite involved who is a saviour). It was a punbb board, and is quite insecure if you don't update the software every now and then which is tricky and annoying!

2) Maybe I'll use the url for the new Bennu site. (http://bennugd.co.uk)

3) Yes, so the "English" forum isn't quite needed and I can actually ensure more traffic to the bennugd.org forum particuarly english users (which would be fitting) if I link to the whole forum from my site. Hooray.

4) I can link to the projects page, no problem. I'd like to make my own showcase also.. I disagree with you Pixel, Bennu games are there to be publicised as much as possible, of course there is the official showcase. I can't take it over?? LOL and I don't see why a bennugd fansite can't have a showcase?? It's only my love for bennu that I do these things after all.

I am going to research Bennu games across the internet and make sure the best are available for download from my site. Maybe 30+ should be the end result. Unless someone has a valid reason for me that I cannot.

The only prob I am left with is now I have some website space completely unused! :( But I'm sure I could use it for some other project. I have something in mind already.

There. A few decisions made, and I think it's all good!

[edit] Maybe I should say "Welcome to BennuGD.co.uk" and head the page bennugd.co.uk and my apoligies for using "Bennu Game Development" in the first place. I truly didn't think. [/edit]
Square-theorist.

panreyes

Quote4) I can link to the projects page, no problem. I'd like to make my own showcase also.. I disagree with you Pixel, Bennu games are there to be publicised as much as possible, of course there is the official showcase. I can't take it over?? LOL and I don't see why a bennugd fansite can't have a showcase?? It's only my love for bennu that I do these things after all.

There's no problem at all, of course, but I think we would do better by joining efforts instead of doing the same twice.

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Jonsul

Wait so the english forum is gone? Damn I really liked that one. It seemed much less intimidating then here. By the way so what are you gonna use it for now?

josebita

Jonsul, don't worry to post here, we'll be happy to answer :)

FreeYourMind

Finally we start to see english folks not chickens :)
Post without fear, all community will resolve english doubts :)