2 questions: 1. Windows 2000? and 2. Raspberry Pi?

Started by MisterN, December 12, 2011, 03:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterN

1. Does bennupack work under windows 2000?

2. Is bennu's requirements compatible with the (coming soon) $25 computer known as the raspberry pi?

why? my computer has fried and i want something cheap to use, windows 2000 requires very little if you look at the hardware the raspberry has meaning therell be more power for bennu. but i need to know if bennu will work. thanks
werg

l1nk3rn3l

1. yes .. win98 too

2. 700mhz processor and 256ram is excellent for bennu,  bennu is linux portable.. this mini pc
   have a Debian, Fedora and ArchLinux  to choose install.. best to bennu..

Nice computer (with OpenGL card as canoo)

handsource-dyko

Win 98? I know that older versions of fenix work with it, but bennu didn't seem to work on my win98 SE2 pentium 2.
I always thought that win 2000 was minimum requirement.

SplinterGU

Quote from: handsource-dyko on December 12, 2011, 08:12:17 AM
Win 98? I know that older versions of fenix work with it, but bennu didn't seem to work on my win98 SE2 pentium 2.
I always thought that win 2000 was minimum requirement.

what error have you with bennugd in win98 se2? can you copy&paste the error here or screenshot?
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

handsource-dyko

Actually, It might be win98 first edition. I wasn't sure, and I've checked it.

Attached are two screenshots. The error message is in dutch though. It says 'the file MALVADO.EXE is attached to a missing
executive KERNEL32.DLL:GetConsoleWindow.' (maybe win98 se2 has a different or newer kernel version in that respect???)

The second error complains about: 'a device attached to the system does not work'. I don't know wich directX version I have
installed on that machine, havn't really used it since 2004 or so. Anyway fenix version 0.84 works with this old machine.
It's 400mhz (with 128mb ram) and it's got a 16mb diamond viper card gfx in it.

It's a great dos machine though, I used to run DIV and a lot of DOS4GW games on it back in the day. Since I discorevered dosbox,
this machine it collecting dust under my desk. ;D

SplinterGU

first error can be fixed... is for hide the 2nd console when you run the bgdi...

for the second error , if you need update DirectX, you must do it... DX is used for vsync.

thanks for the report... I'll think how fix it...
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

MisterN

lol i ask a question and from it, an error fix for win98 has been dispatched. I want this to come out so bad XD
werg