Smart Fpg Editor

Started by darío, January 03, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darío

Smart Fpg Editor 0.4.9 released. The problem should be now fixed. I appreciate any feedback as I do not have any other testing platform than an old Windows XP.

EDIT: Newer version available 0.5.2

Best Regards.
Darío
My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

JaViS

Thanks! going to download it now!
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

l1nk3rn3l

Nice improvements.. please include a portable version..

Search in google..

+ VMWare ThinApp
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_ThinApp

enigma virtual box is free..
+ http://enigmaprotector.com/en/downloads.html

darío

I do not think I will be creating a portable version, I considered it for long time ago but I doubt it is worth the effort... I do not know what you guys have against installers... considering that the application uses active X controls it is much cleaner to handle registering and unregistering from the installer and uninstaller.

Portable apps and VB6 do not get on well together... :/
My sites:
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

l1nk3rn3l

ok please share the dlls and ocx and exe

please share in mediafire or mega hosting
project with dlls ocx compiled

and we create a portable version...

;D

Thanks

darío

I do not know what keeps me motivated to continue this... I just cannot let it go!

I thought it would be nice to have a palette edition feature.. This is so far what I have achieved...

https://youtu.be/ChFV4HiREL0

Quote from: l1nk3rn3l on August 28, 2016, 03:16:49 PM
ok please share the dlls and ocx and exe

please share in mediafire or mega hosting
project with dlls ocx compiled

and we create a portable version...

;D

Thanks

You don't need me to do this. Just open the installer with a decent compressor tool such as 7-zip and you have everything you need inside. Could you share the portable version before you include it in the Bennu pack (you are not obligued to, but I would appreciate it)? I would like to see it does not create any incompatibilities with future "installer" versions of Smart Fpg Editor.
My sites:

JaViS

Man!! this is a GREAT feature!

This will allow me to have different colors for the same sprite with minimum effort! :D and I won't be tied to the pallete support in Bennu or Pixtudio :D

I'm loving it! :D

darío

Sometimes I think I am working for you! xD

I think I will release 0.5.0 with basic palette editions functions soon (this week) but I have a set of surprise features to implement during the 0.5.0 series that I believe you will benefit of.

Regards,

Darío
My sites:

darío

Javis,

Have you experienced any crashes of the program when dragging & dropping from one fpg window to another?
Could you try it?

I experienced some, but It might be that it crashes when I run the program from the editor because of Automation things... and I do not have a "test machine" at the moment.

Thank you.

My sites:

JaViS

Quote from: darío on August 30, 2016, 02:56:09 PM
Have you experienced any crashes of the program when dragging & dropping from one fpg window to another?
Could you try it?

Nope, I haven't. BTW it's a very useful feature.

I'll try again and let you know if I get an error.

darío

I can say I am practically done with the Palette edition features that I believe were necessary to have "Painless FPG Edition" (which is the goal of Smart Fpg Editor)

New video here:
https://youtu.be/Flv-RiA-7DM

I hope you like it :)
My sites:

JaViS

It's looking great. Also, you made the tool very complete, with lot of options. I love it!

darío

Smart Fpg Editor 0.5.1 is now available for download. Best palette-edition support in a Fpg editor as far as I know.

I would appreciate testing & feedback, as I do not do heavily testing before release and this was a "major" feature.

I will now make a break again after this sprint and will focus on other projects, but I can fix critical bugs if they arise.

Some small things to fix in the short term are:
- Make VGA colors the only possible to be selected (DIV only supported 6bits per component in the palette and BennuGD has inherited that legacy behaviour...)
- Copy & Paste colors

But they are not critical and I did not want to delay to much the release.

Darío
My sites:

JaViS

Great news! I'll be testing it and let you know if I find anything

Thanks so much for you effort! the program is easily the best FPG editor of them all! :D

JaViS

Dario!! la ultima version no me funciona, no se que pasa :P