Introducing Doggy!!!

Started by Drumpi, November 22, 2009, 06:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumpi

Hi there:

I'm Drumpi (a.k.a. "el pesado que empieza 50 proyectos y acaba uno a los cinco años") and i'm here to talk about my new proyect for this contest.
A few days before, i asked about what project i must do, because i had 3 ideas and i can't choose one. Finally, my brains blink and got an idea to make one of them.

So, this is how i started to program Doggy!!!
Doggy!!! will may be an action platforms game, based on "Cave Story" game, but only based. I took the pixelated graphics stile and a jumping/shooting character, thats all.
Doggy!!! will got a totally original story, non related with Pixel's game, but i think is better to make it a surprise.
Today, i only show you the main character, ready for action. HERE HE IS:

Ups, maybe i mus't look for a lens:

And... that's all i have ^^U Well, maybe i must work most in it.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

blostec

Finally you have decided for the "Cave Story like game". Good luck!

Drumpi

I'll try, but looking how much i must do and how many time i've got, i'm thinking to do an action game more than an adventure one: make a script, program dialogs and so... it's secondary to make enemies, graphics, interactions, levels...
I don't know, but is better to do an "spin-off" of the final history than a half history. Don't you?
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

gecko

Based on the short time we have, is a good choice to make it that way.

And later, after this contest, you can launch the "full" and final version of the game
Torres Baldi Studio
http://torresbaldi.com