Skylark, RPG platformer for Caanoo

Started by BlackCurtain, May 05, 2011, 04:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCurtain

Quote from: Kloppix on July 11, 2011, 02:47:19 PM
I tested your game yesterday on the Caanoo. Man, that demo was too short. I wanted to keep playing :P

The game is really good polished. After watching the short intro, ended by the menu with the beautiful background I knew something cool was coming.  The animations and gameplay are fluid, although I would prefer a little more freedom to move to the sides while jumping.

Being used to RPG like Ultima Underworld or nethack/slashem I normally don't care about graphics. I really liked your sprites, though. The backgrounds were good ( Commercial good actually ), but I wasn't astonished.  However when I entered into the castle I become speechless. The columns in the distance gave a great immersive feeling . I could barely fight while watching at the effect XD

I didn't find a shield yesterday, so the only suggestion I had was to add the ability to use a shield with a button. Today I played it again and I figured out that is already implemented :) The movement is a little slow, though.

Thank you for sharing this great game. I'm eager to play the final version.

Thank you. I will make sure the game gets finished asap, so that you can play more ;) I didn't have more time to make it longer as I needed to submit it to the competition.
There are some "hidden" items in the castle like the shield and the armor, which are in the blue flame and the flashing globe (far left on 2 separate floors in one of the last few rooms). You need to hit them to break them and get these items.

BlackCurtain

BlackCurtain

FYI I'm still working on this and am making cracking progress, but I'm poor at keeping all the topics updated about it so I'm mostly posting stuff on my Facebook page.

josebita

Quote from: BlackCurtain on April 06, 2012, 02:31:23 PM
FYI I'm still working on this and am making cracking progress, but I'm poor at keeping all the topics updated about it so I'm mostly posting stuff on my Facebook page.
just posted this info in the official twitter feed. It's looking great!

BlackCurtain

Quote from: josebita on April 06, 2012, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: BlackCurtain on April 06, 2012, 02:31:23 PM
just posted this info in the official twitter feed. It's looking great!
Thank you! :)

BlackCurtain

Long time no see everyone. Skylark is still alive, it has just been put on ice while I've been working and releasing other games. One of them is http://onelatenight.com/
I'm planing on porting Skylark for OUYA and am currently checking out the Android ports of Bennu.

FreeYourMind

you made the modeling ? it looks amazing, I will try it on pc.
I still waiting for Skylark and the other game of your friend, the clone of monster world, this project is still alive ? I only see a demo.

This morning I receibe my OUYA, I will work for this console too, but right now i'm working on some game ports for the original XBOX, when I finish it I will start work with Bennu for android and OUYA.

BlackCurtain

Quote from: FreeYourMind on July 06, 2013, 02:27:16 PM
you made the modeling ? it looks amazing, I will try it on pc.
I still waiting for Skylark and the other game of your friend, the clone of monster world, this project is still alive ? I only see a demo.

This morning I receibe my OUYA, I will work for this console too, but right now i'm working on some game ports for the original XBOX, when I finish it I will start work with Bennu for android and OUYA.
Yes, everything down to the sound effects and every single texture is custom made. It's free to download and play, but it's a pretty short game. Working on the sequel at the moment.
I believe that project is no longer alive, and I think he doesn't even develop with Bennu anymore which is a shame. Though Skylark will be released, I've just been putting it on ice, but it's very close to complete.