Bennu for Windows Mobile

Started by quasist, January 11, 2010, 12:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasist

I know that is kinda fetish.

WM has a lot of apps that would turn Windows Mobile based handheld into fully working bennu development eviroments :) - text editors, image editors, e.t.c.

Is there a WM port of Bennu is planned?  ???
Function Int Write_Signature()
Private
Begin
End;

osk

I don't think so...
But maybe I'd be more interested in Android...it's just a personal choice.

Rein (K´)ah Al-Ghul

Mobile systems generally do not work with floating numbers...
Should be a reduced version of bennu, as in the case of java ..

maybe in the future...

bennu spreading like the plague ;D

Rein (K´)ah Al-Ghul
Infected with the Krieger strain of the Human-MetaHuman Vampiric Virus.

en vez de darme Karma positivo, denme (K´)arma negativ

quasist

Quote from: Rein (K´)ah Al-Ghul on January 11, 2010, 04:11:15 AM
Mobile systems generally do not work with floating numbers...
What then about bennu on Gp2x Wiz?
I suppose most of modern wm-based devices could handle near-Wiz bennu perfomance.
Private
Begin
End;

josebita

One year ago, I'd have told you that it was very hard to do but seeing how much phones have advanced last year I really believe it's possible.
Moreover, Bennu is already very "minimalistic" in the sense that you only load what you need.

quasist

Not only phones. The PDAs also.

I got HP Ipaq 214. I would really like to use it for game developing while on the train to work/study.

Althrough there already much text editors, and a quite intresting way of deving: Switching SD card between PDA and GP2X Wiz for testing :D
Private
Begin
End;

josebita

Well I was thinking of smartphones, which really look more and more like PDAs (in terms of CPU power).

It should be a matter of recompiling Bennu and dealing with the few oddities one should expect from a new platform, but SDL is there so it is definitely possible. Someone has to take care of doing it, however.

Sandman

Exactly like josebita says. It should not be much of a problem, but someone would have to do it. Floating point is done by software instead of hardware if there is not a hardware FPU.
-- Sandman

animanegra

I tried to compile the code for the ipaq by using gcc for windows ce. But I had problems with the way this kind of windows use the directorys :S
"PoCoYo es dios!!"

quasist

On Windows XP to aviod editing system paths I just copied all Bennu stuff into one directory :). I suppose it could work with CE.
Private
Begin
End;

animanegra

But the problem is into the compilation time. When I tried it it has problems with the include file directory.h ,if I do not remember bad the name :D, not in the execution time. I tried to google searching the answer to similar problem but without success :( In any way I will keep trying it when as soon as I have time, cause the windows mobile can be a really good market to develop bennu tools and to expand the bennu language. :D By my point of view the winCE tools are not very nice in spite of the platform is used by lots of people.
"PoCoYo es dios!!"