interactive tutorials

Started by Jonsul, November 03, 2010, 03:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonsul

Being an english developer I notice that the english tutorials are pretty sparse. Is there any desire to finish these, especially the windgate translations and squarepush's.
Also it might be neat to take a page from the lojban community, they created a series of tutorials that originated as teaching sessions in irc. People came, they were taught and the material was collected into documents. You can find them in the google wave tutorials now https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+iDtofbn8C

And before anyone asks if I can do this, I can't, I'd love to actually, but I'm just not confident in my knowledge of bennu yet.

handsource-dyko

It would be a good idea for the community to write programs as tutorials, but this requires good
discipline from the coders to put enough comments in the sources.

In most tutorials/projects posted with sourcecode, I rarely find any good comments/
documentation in them. Having well documented code can be very educational.

I think some programmers find comments annoying, but I think they are absolutely trival, just as
well as disciptive identifier names.

Drumpi

Take a look to BennuPack examples, maybe can help you while someone can translate bennu tutorials.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

handsource-dyko

Unfortunately I don't speak/understand spanish. That's the problem, most examples are in spanish.
As well as a lot of documentation. Anyway I always use english in my programs, it would not be
very wise of me to write the comments and documentation in dutch, that would really narrow the
target audience for the tutorials.

Drumpi

The example codes I saw in bennupack are in english.
I just saw 5 or 6 of them, because I can't see others (a rar unziping error, i must donwload them again ^^U)
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Jonsul

Wow, they didn't use to be in english. I'm going to have to check them out. I once translated most of them with an online translator and posted it on the english forums, but I've since lost them. I wonder what happened to them.