Hello ^_^

Started by kruz, December 03, 2010, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruz

Greetings, I'm new to the Forums, just saying hello.  I was working in C++ with SDL to develop my own Game Library for Windows and GNU/Linux and I had the sprite animation/collision working great.  The last things I was working on were gravity and map scrolling, but with my son, it's hard to dedicate a lot of time to the development so I decided on picking up an already made game library.  I currently own a GP2X Wiz & F200 and also wanted to be able to develop games for the Wiz so rather than try to learn a new library specifically for the Wiz, I decided to pickup BennuGD since it allows for most of the platforms I'd like to create games on.  I do speak some spanish (TexMex) and I can read it very well, but I can't spell for anything.  I noticed there's a lot going on in the Spanish boards, so if someone finds something they need translated and Google/Babelfish don't work, I can always try to help anyone.  (:  Feel Free to send me a message.

FreeYourMind

Bienvenido al Infierno!

handsource-dyko

Hi.

Well someone who can translate stuff always comes in handy.
There's nothing better than a human made translation, since my experience
with google translate is that it's output is often funny or out of context.

I use it sometimes to translate dutch to english, but I always end up fixing
it, because online translation engines don't understand the context of the
text.

Well, coding in Bennu is pretty easy, it's flexible, powerfull and uses the best
concepts from C and Pascal (it's kinda like C dressed in a Pascal facade).

I suggest you download bennupack, it has a lot of examples, but since you
can read spanish (wich I can't unfortunately) I recommend reading windgate's/
trinit's documentation. (Good translation candidate, it's pretty much the bennu bible).

Drumpi

Wellcome to the comunity. I hope you enjoy the pleasure of programming, and not become crazy with this process oriented languaje.

Wiz And GP2X also can be programed with C+SDL (Bennu was programed with them), but when you get your first code running in 5 minutes with Bennu, you can't return to C :D

So, enjoy it!!!
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

josebita

Welcome, hope to see your projects soon :)

kruz

Thanks everyone! I tend to use Vim for all of my projects in Windows and Linux, so I created a syntax file, here's the link to the original post I made http://forum.bennugd.org/index.php?topic=1860.0

-kruz

blostec

Welcome kruz, enjoy it!