Hellow People I need help with some Caanoo Questions...

Started by Ariel Yust, February 21, 2011, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel Yust

Sweet News Thanks! =]

mean while I'd like to hear if people found the wifi dongle useful ?
also while we at it can Bennu use wifi with the net.dll ?

I read about Caanoo having a resistive touchscreen meaning it can be used for multi-touching...
is it possible to multi-touch in the Caanoo, and how does it work if it works with Bennu?
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}

Zip

multitouch on a resistive screen is a bad idea..
if you press with 2 inches u risk to let the caanoo fall of hands

SplinterGU

I don't think that multitouch is available... well, no from SDL.
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Drumpi

Please, DO NOT USE MAC ADDRESS as a serial number, because I heard that you can change it easily on Linux.

I don't know if you can find the serial number with /dev files, they are HW files (sda is an SD device,...) but who knows. Try reading the GMenu2X code, it reads the serial numbre (in GP2X do, or was the open2x firm?).

One more thing: a secure encription system is not a complicated metod to do this, because if you know how the method works, you're lost. A good encription system use a password or some kind of code, because if methot is revealed, without password is useless. If you use the actual encode systems, and if you know his algorithm, you cannot crack it, because you still need a code, and you cannot do the algorithm backwards (something about division modules, etc), and brute force can take years.
Bennu aren't using a Linux library for this?

And one more thing: resistive screens cannot use multitouch. I read that resistive screens are not allowed to do that by HW itself. I must read more about this but wikipedia says that only capacitive screens allow multitouch (but you can use "multitouch" in caanoo in other ways, just try it ;) ).
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Zip

Quote from: Drumpi on February 26, 2011, 01:09:09 AM
Please, DO NOT USE MAC ADDRESS as a serial number, because I heard that you can change it easily on Linux.
yea that's right, in windows too you can change mac adress easly

Ariel Yust

I read about the change of the mac address not taking place in the card it self, and that there is another path of retrieving it...
something about getting into the card itself and not relying on linux

do you guys know if the caanoo serial can be changed?
all I need is some unchangeable unique ID - I will make the algorithm and don't you worry...

my first algorithm was complex enough, the one I am designing now will be even more harder to crack =]

about mulititouch I read in wiki about it so I don't know, I have little experience with that tech.

@Drumpi
then what do you suggest for security if not a serial?
because my thoughts are: if the serial is complex enough then common users up to advanced wouldn't be able to crack it anyway.
besides who would crack a 5$ game ? :P I think that if someone will crack it then it means the game is good and is worth it =]

Drumpi

Had you thinking about ask GPH? ;D

Ariel: you can use a serial, of course, but use it as a password for an encription algorithm, not in the algorithm itself. I'm not an expert but there are some non-regresive algorithm you can use with serial or...
It's too late to think ^^U if you can get a password, use it with non-regresive encode algorithm and obtain the console ID... but you need a regresive algorithm to generate the first password, so, it couldn't be possible.
It's 3AM here.

By the way, very very few people will try to crack a 5$ game, and the same people if it cost 30$.

You can ask to Yuan-Works (Wind and Water Puzzle Battles creators) too.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

SplinterGU

some peoples crack a game for modding and sell it with other name... ask it to BomberLink.

Ariel Yust

@Drumpi
I did ask GPH and yet I haven't received any answer from them.
I guess they are not serious at all.

@Splinter
You right again, thought I doubt the modding capabilities of my games.
most of the time they are not modular enough to be doing that.

wow you mentioned modding and selling the same game in other name does this really happen?
I mean someone does that without asking the author?

SplinterGU

Yes, previous version of SORR game was sell in china with some changed graphs...

Zip

the serial number id of caanoo, is actually unchangable for user.

is like your size number under your shoes:
you can read but you can change..

(or you need to cancel it whit fire and reprint, like a hack the serial of caanoo)

FreeYourMind

Caanoo users, i need you test my program and said what is the number on the screen  :D

Zip

edit:
posted on gp2xita...
w8ing for response
re edit:
what script find?
can post source?

FreeYourMind

Don't work, the code is the same in all caanoo's xDDD

It's a simple test, now i start work in something better xD

Ariel Yust

Can you explain what is going on?  :P