Hellow People I need help with some Caanoo Questions...

Started by Ariel Yust, February 21, 2011, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel Yust

Wassaup Everyone =]

I was looking into this Caanoo console, it looks quite interesting.
I was hoping to hear some of your folks opinions on the console?
is it worth it? because I would like to develop games for it, so that means I'm interested in buying it =]

just a little reminder for those who doesn't know me : I created Z.O.M.G for the WIZ Competition =]
and know my way around BennuGD ;)

anyway my thoughts are to create some free games and at least one high quality game for purchase for 5$, because the development will be expensive for me.
so If anyone knows how the payment security goes for this? I mean if the games are being uploaded via a company software that checks for legal uploads or
does the user upload it as if its an external flash (like in PSP) meaning there is no track if the user have bought the game? =]

I have looked into FunGP and I couldn't get my answers from there.
but I saw they sell games also using virtual points;

In any case I have more questions but first I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter  ::)
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}

Zip

I remember that
The autor of Aurora Rift have decidet to dosn't sell his game via fungp, i dont remember why, but search out for aurora rift

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Zip

Yeh i dont know why! There is something in user panel to see who put karma?

SplinterGU

Quote from: Zip on February 21, 2011, 05:04:37 PM
Yeh i dont know why! There is something in user panel to see who put karma?

Yes, I think that I can...
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Zip

FreeYourMind

hhaahhahah, put it public xDD

Let's gamble, a pokemon clue !?  ;D

Drumpi

Answering the question, I heard that GPH gets a % of benefits selling your game in FunGP (about 30%?).
The only matter is you cannot sell Bennu games on it, because you must put a DRM on your executable, and Bennu is GPL, so you cannot do it. Or yes?

Anyway, a website with so many problems to download programs, and without trust of GPH itself (no sure, I think I read this)...
But if anyone knows how to sell Bennu games for CAANOO, WIZ or else with same conditions, let me know, please :)
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Zip

Quote from: FreeYourMind on February 21, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
hhaahhahah, put it public xDD

Let's gamble, a pokemon clue !?  ;D
OT:
  damn.. I gamble too.. >:(
End ot

i think at the moment made a game for selling, on platform like caanoo/wiz or open console generally its a bad idea,
because all people've bought that kind of consolle are a geek, coders or a linux and gpl fan
and seen the sell status on fungp u can take a very bad intresting by peopel to buy game

i thinkthe only way is: make a great free demo and push the people tu buy full version

Ariel Yust

Bennu is GPL ?
from what I understand you can sell games in Bennu, you can put a DRM on your game if you wish so.
about FunGP taking 30% thats too much,I read that they take a clean cut of 30% and leave you with the taxes and everything else.
I'm not sure of making a deal with them, adding to that that I don't know how secure
their transactions are! meaning people could hack the game the same way as they would be able to do it normally.

ZIP, as you have stated, I will make a demo and a whole advertisement campaign anyway when the need will arrive...
but what is more interesting is how I will protect my software from a flaming gang bang piracy  :-\

besides I'm doing this not for the money...
but for the fun I'm having in creating these games, the money goes for development, anything more then that will be saved for future projects.
I'm working in a job after all ;)

additionally I wanted to know if Bennu supports the extra "Fun Functions" of the Caanoo ?
and if it can detect Mac Address or any unique number of the Caanoo? =]
I could program an advanced coding mechanism against piracy ^__^

Zip

You can make a site,
and sell game via your site, add a validation key on game
for any copy of game 1 different key
u send the game modified whit the specific key
example: ''game copy001'' key: ababab
game copy002 key:dedede

Any copy of game 've a respective key
for blok the share key..

Good idea?
sorry for bad english
ah! Zomg is beautiful game :)

Ariel Yust

@ZIP

I was thinking of this but the same copy of the game can be shared with its bought password with anyone.
so putting a password on unique copies is hopeless, much better is to use some unique machine code to determine the password needed to unlock the game.

in any case, if FunGP wont be a partner then I will make my own site and system if needed =]

hehe btw Thanks for the compliment =]
I made an update on the game to v1.1 somewhere, I'm Planning on making a sequel but not now =]

Zip

:-\Mmm
U can make an algoritm based on specific caanoo serial number
for any consolle 1 specific key..
u sell copy of game, say to have the customer serial code of canoo, and send specific key..

Ariel Yust

Yea that's what I want but the check should be in game also you see...
I wonder if there is a way to determine the Caanoo serial with Bennu even with some external way...

another thing is -> does Caanoo or Bennu support any SFML activity ?
http://www.sfml-dev.org/

FreeYourMind

We need an implementation of serial number. If we can read the serial number of caanoo using bennugd, we can ask for him when sell a copy, to work only in the specific caanoo.
We need a solution...