Hellow People I need help with some Caanoo Questions...

Started by Ariel Yust, February 21, 2011, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel Yust

That's my plan actually... to make the game work only with the correct serial matching the Caanoo serial.
a medium complexity can be done to avoid piracy from noobs and advanced users... serious users will have a chance in finding
the pattern but I will make sure it will take them awhile =] I have several tricks for that :P

does anyone know where the serial is writen?
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}

Zip

At last the problem is to do:
Bennu game control
see caanoo serial
elaborate whit algoritm
if the key putted
is right then game enabled..

If bennu cant read serial of consolle
u need another idea..
i dont know well, how to add feature on a programming language, but if is possible someone can make an expanding module specific for read serial number , and other thing specific of consolle like cpu clock, battery level ecc

FreeYourMind

The oficial SDK got the feature to read the serial ? I believe. If it is true we can port this feature to a module to bennugd for caanoo to protect the comercial game.

Ariel Yust

I don't think its that hard, you can get the Mac Address in Windows... a guy who knows linux can make a small dll or function that returns the address in Linux as read-only =]
then the rest you leave to the game to do  ::)

any takers for the job?  :P

FreeYourMind

Here's the deal, you make the c code to read the serial and i make the Caanoo module to use in Bennu ;D

Drumpi

FunGP is very secure... because almost noone can download anything ;D

OK, no jokes. It's curious, WIZ scene is full of programmers and "hackers", but piracy is at low level. Maybe they understand the efforts to make a game, so they buy the games (gp32spain and gp2x.com banned an user for upload comercials WIZ games).

FunGP put DRM in your code, so, if anyone buy and/or donwload your game, it only works on his registrered WIZ. He/she can copy the game to PC or to another WIZ, but it only works on the original WIZ.
And this system is not broken today. Could it be broken? yes, but nobody is working on it.

But there isn't a secure system, so you must pray.
I'm trying to make a comercial game too with a few people, but we don't spect to live with it, just get some money to make another game or buy some gifts, that's all.

About the GPL, we are speaking about it on other thread, i don't know if DRM is compatible with GPL or not (any modifications on GPL code must be published).
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Ariel Yust

I did a small research, it is possible to get the computer's mac address via bennu.
after my upcoming test I will commence in trying to develop the code for it...

I will try not to make an external module, because hacking it will be much easier =]

in any case I'll tell you what the real problem is, and its publishing...
I don't know how about others but I cannot be helped to sit and publish my games...
I don't have the time to sit and do it, and when I think about it... I don't mind paying some revenue
for someone to be doing it for me...

and I mean, not just running in forums and preaching about it, but have a marketing plan.
if someone even from this forum will be serious about marketing, we would have a publisher
he doesn't need to make games... he just need to sell them.

make a site, with the right programs and scripts to sell and publish...and making advertisements.

well guys I think I'm on a start-up here! :P
hmmm If I can manage something like that with help of my buddies, will anyone be interested in that kind of service?

Zip

Quote from: Drumpi
OK, no jokes. It's curious, WIZ scene is full of programmers and "hackers", but piracy is at low level. Maybe they understand the efforts to make a game, so they buy the games (gp32spain and gp2x.com banned an user for upload comercials WIZ games).

FunGP put DRM in your code, so, if anyone buy and/or donwload your game, it only works on his registrered WIZ. He/she can copy the game to PC or to another WIZ, but it only works on the original WIZ
1) if an game copied cant run on other consolle, why user tried to share them?
2) if fun gp can add drm on your game,
you have 2 way to sell
A) send game to fun gp and let it take 30% ( but u dont made crazy for make own secur sys)
B) just make an module for bennu that objective is read consolle specific value (serial,battery stats, cpu clock,), i think ist not much hard, because GMenu2x (write in c) can do that,so
make a personal algoritm that start from specific serial make a specific key, the game control using that algoritm if key is the right for these cnsole, then u made a simple site, where you sell a game , and recieve serial of console of customer, send key.
only you and your game know how to work algoritm..

Ariel Yust

That's Exactly what I'm talking about ZIP =]

now what I don't know how to make is, to make PayPal send me a confirmation note with the buyer data so my program will automatically send keys to the buyer
or automatically show the serial for the buyer the moment the purchase was made.

FreeYourMind

Yesterday i investigate, i can search the mac adress easily with bennu code without using a module, but, how do you ask for him at the buyer ?
The good way is obtaining the serial and ask him at the registration form when whe shell the game.

Zip

The buyer, register his self on your site, putting various thing: name surname ecc, and serial of caanoo
whne he buy a game, the site sent the download and the specific key (based on his serial number

FreeYourMind

But this don't be useless, do you ask for this serial when you start the game ? And if he distribute the serial with the game ? The best way is finding one id from the console in the game code, don't need to be the serial of the console, and ask for this id at the buyer.

Zip

The buyer cant calculate the key!;
when he buy the site calculate the kay and sent to buyer,
when start game
tha game have implemented same algoritm and control if key is the right key for that consolle

Ariel Yust

The game checks the mac address with the serial every time you launch it, it saves the serial in its memory.
even if he copy the game to a different console the serial won't match the mac address and the game will request a new one =]

I think this is the only acceptable solution that doesn't put on the buyer a lot of responsibility...

in short -> 1 serial for 1 console  8)