Hellow People I need help with some Caanoo Questions...

Started by Ariel Yust, February 21, 2011, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip

Why my console made on 2010 have a version101 and your from 2009 is 103 o.o?

FreeYourMind

I see this detail too :)

I upgrade the firmware only one time, and you zip and gecko ?
Maybe the date and number are the serial, and the version is the version of the firmware, and they reset the number with a new date :)

Zip

I never update, i bought whit the 1.2.6 version   :-\ now,
what is the second thing?
At the end whe can simply use date e serial combined whit other thing to make algooritm...

FreeYourMind

Of course, they are multiple options but the problem still the same, i don't know how to read the serial..............................

gecko

I've never upgraded it neither...

The mystery of the GPH S/N Correlation :P
Torres Baldi Studio
http://torresbaldi.com

Ariel Yust

I don't have a Caanoo yet... I'm into the purchase phase...
again selling games on the Caanoo is not for profit, but for expirience and alot of fun =]
I want to earn my first 5$ selling a game! :P just to say : "HA I DID IT!" =]

anyway:

Does updating the firmware changes the date on the left? *can someone confirm this?*
with a serial like 00015 coding this would be silly... but it is possible to make an interesting algorithm for it =]

I can make a complex algorithm for it, but I would like first a way to see that data from within bennu...
there must be a place that this stuff are writen on...

btw is it possible to connect your Caanoo to the internet using an RJ cable to the router?
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}

Drumpi

I'm a bit late, but must answer:
To buy a game, you must install a program on your PC, and register an account on FunGP, then you must to register your WIZ/CAANOO using USB conection (and one of the lastest firmwares, who implements DRM system).
Then, you buy a game (using credit card o GPpoints) and they give you  a zip file (or else, i don't know). You can unzip elsewhere, but it only works on your registrered WIZ/CAANOO (I think it reads your console ID and look for a match with DRM added-code)
You, as user, musn't put any serial code or else, just execute and play.

But there is another method: you can buy a SD with preinstalled game, and it only works on this SD. Again, DRM look for serial number, but look for SN of SD.

You can read a SN on console and calculate a password, but this system requires you to check your e-mail everyday, and answer as soon as possible if you don't want angry people.
A password without HW check is not secure, anyone can give his password to anyone, but lots of people hates HW check.

Just think about all programs you had installed without buying it ;)
Finally you must trust on people.

By the way, the less people buy your game, the less probability to pirace your game (because less probabilities that a guy knows other guy who like your game and "lend" to him :P).
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Ariel Yust

In short my method is easier for the user then the funGP DRM system...
my users don't need to install anything, they download the game put it on their Caanoo
the game displays a message that it's not registered yet... and shows the user his registration ID

the user goes to my site -> enters this registration ID and buy the game...
then his unlocking code will appear, he writes that code into the game and the game runs until you uninstall it or format the console
or delete it's saved data...

what happens is that the game checks between the Caanoo serial and the unlock key to find a match, if a match exists then you can play...
if not then you must register... each serial is unique so giving your friend a copy wouldn't work.

the complexity factor is to unlock the serial pattern which will be complex I will insure that.

but you can give your friend the console with the game and he could play it =3

about checking my site for input: yes that's a problem -> but it is possible to create a data base for users, with the help of people with skills.
in the worst case I will ask for help from professionals -> I can get a guy to build me a working site with forums and this type of system for some bucks.
I will link the download of the game to Booleansoup of Bennugd or both or even more =]

so people will come to this place more to download games ;)

Zip

Quote from: Ariel Yust on February 22, 2011, 11:11:24 PM
btw is it possible to connect your Caanoo to the internet using an RJ cable to the router?
no you cant at the moment

you dont need to manage a great number of buyer,

if you think

it can be max 200-300

make a database for manage so few people isnt hard, just need to know some basic of sql...

Ariel Yust

I have a coding system for 43,046,721 unique Caanoo serials... there is an option to make more =]
the passwords are very complex, I'm still working on the decoder and I'll be running some checks for it also =]

so don't worry about the unique codes, so far its impossible to crack them ;)

things I would like to know from people would be:

[1]  is the type of the console is written in the console's serial ID ?
[2]  is it possible to identify what console the user is using?
[3]  can two different consoles have same serial ID ?
[4]  is it possible to change the date on the serial ID somehow?!
[5]  is it possible to change the serial ID of the console not only the date?!
[6]  does these consoles have some unchangeable ID ?
[7]  have any one discovered yet how to access the console's ID information for read-only purposes?
[8]  I could upload some codes for you guys to crack if you wish to try my coding system's strength will anyone be up to the challenge?  8)

FreeYourMind

To use pollux for detecting procesor id, you need to engage the console to the pc like the same way from fungp, the idea is without a complex thing, only with the serial, because it's easy to put in the registration form.

FreeYourMind

Your solution Ariel, don't work, because you generate one code for this person with the id of registration, but if it distribute the game with the same registration id and serial generated by you the game work in any console....

You can calculate the id based on his mac, the buyer don't need to know his mac, only send you this id, and you generate the registration code with an algorith, if the game is distributed this id don't match (because it has a diferent mac address) and game don't work.

The resume, with mac you need the buyer send you a code, with the serial is the same, the buyer need to send you the serial too, so problem resolved, because i think it's easy read the mac adress, it is in a file of the nand right ?.
Where you find then in pc linux ?  :D

Zip

mmm :-\
i think if we see how Gmenu2x can read consolle data like battery level and cpu clock
whe can search the serial whit simil control, just find where is the serial number part on firmware

Zip

;D from gmenu2x hw to read on firmware file

GMenu2X::GMenu2X(int argc, char *argv[]) {
//Detect firmware version and type
if (fileExists("/etc/open2x")) {
fwType = "open2x";
fwVersion = "";
} else {
fwType = "gph";
fwVersion = "";

void GMenu2X::gp2x_init() {
#ifdef TARGET_GP2X
gp2x_mem = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR);
gp2x_memregs=(unsigned short *)mmap(0, 0x10000, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, gp2x_mem, 0xc0000000);
MEM_REG=&gp2x_memregs[0];

batteryHandle = open(f200 ? "/dev/mmsp2adc" : "/dev/batt", O_RDONLY);
if (f200) {
//if wm97xx fails to open, set f200 to false to prevent any further access to the touchscreen
f200 = ts.init();
}
#endif
#ifdef TARGET_WIZ
/* open /dev/mem to access registers */
wiz_mem = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR);
if (wiz_mem < 0) {
printf("Could not open /dev/mem!\n");
}
/* get access to the registers */
else {
wiz_memregs = (volatile uint32_t*)mmap(0, 0x20000, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, wiz_mem, 0xC0000000);
if(wiz_memregs == (volatile uint32_t*)0xFFFFFFFF) {
printf("Could not mmap hardware registers!\n");
close(wiz_mem);
}
}
/* get access to battery device */
batteryHandle = open("/dev/pollux_batt", O_RDONLY);
printf( "System Init Done!\n" );
#endif