iOS & Android port advance info

Started by josebita, June 09, 2011, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsource-dyko

Yes, I got an mail wednesday. The reply with a short solution should have arrived. (The e-mail program says it's send). I think the cause of the problem is a conflict between two routines that scan for the same key inputs.

I have some issues with the android packager, it says it's packaging but doesn't say when it's done. When I select any of the menu items the "packaging..." message disappears and I don't have a clue about the progress or the location where the apk is stored.

The USB OTG adapter has dropped in the mail today, but it seems that only mass storage devices work with it. USB memory stick works fine, keyboard doesn't seem to be reconised. I've seen on some videos that keyboards should work. If I enable keyboard support in the emulator I can type text in the search window and the browser. So I'll guess that keyboards should work with bennu as long as the device plays along.

MisterN

could you send the email again?

Also, cant you simply install droid os to a virtual machine?
werg

josebita

Handsource-dyko. Did you run the included ".bat" file?

handsource-dyko

eehh.... wich bat file? Maybe I forgot.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 01, 2012, 06:44:36 PM
eehh.... wich bat file? Maybe I forgot.
there's a bat file in the latest windows package that configures ant in your windows.

handsource-dyko

I've run the bat file, but now I get some error message in the dosbox. Something about Jar.... The message disappeared too quikly to read it.
And the packagemanager now gives an error dialog: "APK creation failed with return code 1."

I can launch the avd mangager from the packager, but launching individual AVD's doesn't seem to work. I have the sdk installed, but have I forgotten anything else?

Update: I managed to capture a screenshot of the dosbox, and it says it can't locate tools.jar.
Update2: I've looked at the path, tools.jar seems to be missing in my JRE6 install.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 02, 2012, 10:05:15 AM
I've run the bat file, but now I get some error message in the dosbox. Something about Jar.... The message disappeared too quikly to read it.
And the packagemanager now gives an error dialog: "APK creation failed with return code 1."

I can launch the avd mangager from the packager, but launching individual AVD's doesn't seem to work. I have the sdk installed, but have I forgotten anything else?

Update: I managed to capture a screenshot of the dosbox, and it says it can't locate tools.jar.
Update2: I've looked at the path, tools.jar seems to be missing in my JRE6 install.
You need to have the JDK; the JRE is not enough. Also, ensure that after installing the JDK it's used as the default java installation.

handsource-dyko

I have now installed the Java 7 JDK, and found that the tools.jar file is in the incorrect place. Googled around a bit and it seems to be a common problem with tools.jar. I copied the file manually to place it expects, but it still doesn't work. It now complains about xml stuff. But, I've read somewhere about the JAVA_HOME variable. Java doesn't seem to be in my path variable, but the packager and ant are.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 03, 2012, 07:08:31 AM
I have now installed the Java 7 JDK, and found that the tools.jar file is in the incorrect place. Googled around a bit and it seems to be a common problem with tools.jar. I copied the file manually to place it expects, but it still doesn't work. It now complains about xml stuff. But, I've read somewhere about the JAVA_HOME variable. Java doesn't seem to be in my path variable, but the packager and ant are.
Copying tools.jar doesn't convert a JRE into a JDK. You need to set your system's PATH so that java.exe points to the on eprovided by the JDK, not the JRE. Here are Oracle's installation instructions:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jdk-installation-windows.html#path

handsource-dyko

Ok, I've updated the path variable, but it still fails. However it does not complain about tools.jar anymore. In the dos window it is proceeding to the buildfile, but the packager still gives the same error dialog. There is no difference between debug and release, or whether the install checkbox is marked. The strange thing is that I have two different path variables.

This is the path variable from the control panel/advanced/envoirnment/path setting: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin;C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\local\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\zenity;C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin

And this is what I get when I type path in the dos prompt: PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin;C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\local\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\zenity;C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin;;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin

These should normally be same right? ::) In the second path I have two semilcolons. Maybe that's the issue?

Update: it looks like that the apk creation itself fails, but a part of the packaging process seems to complete. It does create the directory with the android pacakage structure in the AppData\Temp directory. I think that build.xml can't build it.

BlackCurtain

Wow, I've missed a few things the last couple of months. It all looks very good  :)

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 03, 2012, 05:45:08 PM
Ok, I've updated the path variable, but it still fails. However it does not complain about tools.jar anymore. In the dos window it is proceeding to the buildfile, but the packager still gives the same error dialog. There is no difference between debug and release, or whether the install checkbox is marked. The strange thing is that I have two different path variables.

This is the path variable from the control panel/advanced/envoirnment/path setting: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin;C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\local\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\zenity;C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin

And this is what I get when I type path in the dos prompt: PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin;C:\WinAVR-20100110\utils\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\local\bin;C:\MinGW\MSYS\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\zenity;C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin;;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin;C:\Users\Pieter\bennu\BennuGD Packager\ant_win\bin

These should normally be same right? ::) In the second path I have two semilcolons. Maybe that's the issue?

Update: it looks like that the apk creation itself fails, but a part of the packaging process seems to complete. It does create the directory with the android pacakage structure in the AppData\Temp directory. I think that build.xml can't build it.
Your system is most likely using the JRE and not the JDK as the default java version.
Could you print the output of executing this command in the windows command prompt?
for %i in (java.exe) do @echo.   %~$PATH:i

[Edit] Or directly remove both the JRE and the JDK and then install ONLY the JDK.

handsource-dyko

When I create a batch file with the command, and saves/excutes it from my c:\users\pieter directory it ouputs:  ~$PATH:i niet verwacht op dit moment. It says that it doesn't expect ~$PATH:i at this moment litarally translated.

When I type java.exe, from the same path, it say's it can't find it.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 12, 2012, 07:27:44 AM
When I create a batch file with the command, and saves/excutes it from my c:\users\pieter directory it ouputs:  ~$PATH:i niet verwacht op dit moment. It says that it doesn't expect ~$PATH:i at this moment litarally translated.

When I type java.exe, from the same path, it say's it can't find it.

Ok, so set your system's path to point to the directory where JDK's java.exe is located.

handsource-dyko

I removed everyrthing from java (jre and jdk) and reinstalled the jdk and updated the path. Now the android sdk doesn't work anymore. Should I reinstall that as well? The emulator doesn't work anymore as well.