iOS & Android port advance info

Started by josebita, June 09, 2011, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 13, 2012, 06:30:55 AM
I removed everyrthing from java (jre and jdk) and reinstalled the jdk and updated the path. Now the android sdk doesn't work anymore. Should I reinstall that as well? The emulator doesn't work anymore as well.
Yep, try reinstalling that, too (the SDK searches for your java installation when installing; after changing the java path, the android SDK must've gone nuts trying to find java).

handsource-dyko

Ok, I removed the android sdk, now ithe sdk installer complains it can't find java.exe in C:\Windows\system32. Is java.exe supposed to be there anyway? I find that strange. I created a JAVA_HOME enviornment variable with this value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03
I installed the 64 bit version of the JDK, maybe this a problem? Oh, and I added this to the windows Path: %JAVA_HOME%\bin.

Still the SDK installer refuses.  I believe Oracle are trying hard to frustrate google because of the Dalvik vm. I feel like pulling out my hair. :D
SUN should have never been taken over by Oracle. They pretty much destroyed open office with their corperate culture and it looks like they are deliberately frustrating all of SUN's opensource projects.

josebita

Ok, the steps to install the Android SDK in windows (I just googled for these) would be:
* Remove all the Java implementations from your computer
* Install the Java JDK
* Set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to the Java installation path (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07 in my system)
* After that, complete the Android SDK installation
* Start the SDK manager and at least install the android-10 SDK platform
* If you want better performance and don't have any other virtualization software (VirtualBox, VMWare...) installed, configure and install the Intel Hardware Acceleration Manager as described here:
http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/emulator.html#accel-vm
* Install a x86 image for Android 4.1. In the virtual machine settings, add an option to use GPU emulation and set it to yes, as described here:
http://developer.android.com/tools/devices/emulator.html#accel-graphics

Things _should_ work. If the installer tells you it cannot find your java installation and you set the JAVA_HOME environment variable, you must then close the SDK installer and relaunch it (that's the way windows works).
I tested these few steps this very morning in my computer running windows 7 64 bits (with the 64 bit JDK) and it worked flawlessly.

That's for the Android SDK. It's pretty standard so you should be able to get this going. If you find any problems, please google it or let me know but remember that it's Oracle's and Google's code that you're using yet :)

I've found a small bug in the packager for windows itself, I'll upload a newer version of the binaries for windows ASAP. In the meanwhile, install the SDK and play araoung with the virtual devices :)

PS: The Oracle JRE is the one that installs java.exe to c:\windows\system32\java.exe It does so so that people only installing the JRE won't have to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable by hand.

handsource-dyko

It seems I had to reboot the computer. The android SDK is now reinstalled.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on September 14, 2012, 07:31:20 AM
It seems I had to reboot the computer. The android SDK is now reinstalled.
Wonderful :) 'll try to upload a new version of the packager for windows with the small error fixed.

Imerion

I had no idea the Android port had progressed this far, and the packager program seems very handy! Fantastic work!
Will try to port some of my games to Android some day soon! :)
Try my games : Neotron Games

MisterN

is there an .avi plugin for it? my game needs an .avi plugin
werg

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on October 10, 2012, 09:18:52 PM
is there an .avi plugin for it? my game needs an .avi plugin
no, sorry. There's no video plugin for Android right now. There might be in the future but for now I'm trying to get the official modules going.

MisterN

any of these NOT ported?

#ifndef __VERSION__
    import "mod_sdlevthandler";
    import "mod_pathfind";
#else
    import "mod_blendop";
    import "mod_text";
    import "mod_grproc";
    import "mod_video";
    import "mod_map";
    import "mod_screen";
    import "mod_path";
    import "mod_rand";
    import "mod_say";
    import "mod_mouse";
    import "mod_scroll";
    import "mod_math";
#endif

IMPORT "mod_debug";
IMPORT "mod_dir";
IMPORT "mod_file";
IMPORT "mod_key";
IMPORT "mod_draw";
IMPORT "mod_string";
IMPORT "mod_proc";
IMPORT "mod_wm";
IMPORT "mod_sys";
IMPORT "mod_joy";
IMPORT "mod_sound";
IMPORT "mod_time";
IMPORT "mod_timers";
IMPORT "mod_cd"

werg

FreeYourMind

you need mod_cd to play cd's on your android ? your android is awesome  ;D

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on October 11, 2012, 03:33:42 AM
any of these NOT ported?

#ifndef __VERSION__
    import "mod_sdlevthandler";
    import "mod_pathfind";
#else
    import "mod_blendop";
    import "mod_text";
    import "mod_grproc";
    import "mod_video";
    import "mod_map";
    import "mod_screen";
    import "mod_path";
    import "mod_rand";
    import "mod_say";
    import "mod_mouse";
    import "mod_scroll";
    import "mod_math";
#endif

IMPORT "mod_debug";
IMPORT "mod_dir";
IMPORT "mod_file";
IMPORT "mod_key";
IMPORT "mod_draw";
IMPORT "mod_string";
IMPORT "mod_proc";
IMPORT "mod_wm";
IMPORT "mod_sys";
IMPORT "mod_joy";
IMPORT "mod_sound";
IMPORT "mod_time";
IMPORT "mod_timers";
IMPORT "mod_cd"

I'd say mod_cd is not included and neither is mod_debug. Please leave me a note in the bugtrack so that I won't forget about including those:
http://code.google.com/p/bennugd-monolithic/issues/list

handsource-dyko

I have sucessfully played monkey vs. robots with a mouse on the galaxy note 10.1. It also worked with the bennugd test app. I may want to create a small test app for keyboard and joystick inputs, but I still have difficulties with the packager on windows. But anyway, I think things are working pretty well on android. The galaxy note 10.1 runs android 4 ICS if I'm not mistaking. But I noticed that USB otg periphial support depends on the android firmware. Samsung seems to have disabled periphial support on the S2 for some strange reason.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on December 07, 2012, 09:45:47 AM
I have sucessfully played monkey vs. robots with a mouse on the galaxy note 10.1. It also worked with the bennugd test app. I may want to create a small test app for keyboard and joystick inputs, but I still have difficulties with the packager on windows. But anyway, I think things are working pretty well on android. The galaxy note 10.1 runs android 4 ICS if I'm not mistaking. But I noticed that USB otg periphial support depends on the android firmware. Samsung seems to have disabled periphial support on the S2 for some strange reason.
Did you install ant? There's an installer bundled with the packager now.
Otherwise, please upload a screenshot of the error.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but yes, you probably need USB OTG support in your device. I'll test joystick input in a few days.

handsource-dyko

I have the latest version of the packager with the included version of ANT, but I always get that "APK creation failed with return code 1" error.
I don't know why this happens.

josebita

Quote from: handsource-dyko on December 07, 2012, 08:10:28 PM
I have the latest version of the packager with the included version of ANT, but I always get that "APK creation failed with return code 1" error.
I don't know why this happens.

Please try running the packager in a path that doesn't contain spaces in it.