*insert catchy greeting*

Started by Jonsul, November 04, 2010, 08:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonsul

Hey, I'm Jonsul. It's Korean for "The legend", I'm not actually korean but I like the language and have been dabbling in learning it for several years. Though lately I've been getting into lojban, which is an amazing language. The reason is because I want to use that for code comments and explanations.

My real name is Isaiah if you like that better. I've been programming for a few years now and am completely self taught. I started with web development and became proficient in Javascript/Ajax and Python. After that I discovered Bennu because I've always been interested in game development and because I had just bought a wiz. I couldn't quite figure it out as I was still pretty much a beginner in general programming, web development helped teach me good concepts but it all doesn't translate well over to other forms of programming.

I decided to learn another language first because there wasn't alot of documentation out yet for bennu and I wanted to become a better programmer. I eventually found Lisp, I've been learning and using that now for almost a year and love the language immensely. I think I can attribute learning lisp as the most important event in my programming career more than anything else, because it forces you to think about your program how a computer scientist would. Even now I think it's probably the most beautiful language in the world and most useful in learning general hardcore programming and techniques. You'll never think the same after learning it right and using it. Especially the macro system, which is such an amazing concept and is so easy to use it's now hard to program in other languages without it lol. If there is any new programmers out there, the language is worth learning even if you'll never use it because the mindf**k is worth it.
Anyways with Bennu, mostly I wanted to get into game development, which isn't Lisp's strong point yet. Also I'm going to be attending UAT soon for a game related degree and want to get some game design and practice in. It's hard to explain, but it's also pretty funny. When I first started learning Bennu I didn't really see much into it, or understand the good parts of it. But now after having spent a while exploring other languages, I see a lot of nice stuff in Bennu that I knew of before but never really understood. I'm liking the language more now and my only complaint is only something stupid and personal. I tend to stay away from languages that have to put "END" after everything, it gets tedious, but it's something I can overcome^_^

I look forward to being a part of the community :D

FreeYourMind

josebita

Welcome to our forum, hope to see your great games soon :)

Windgate

Welcome here!

I remember Lisp had cool IA scripts with cool throughput, it could be a good idea to make a new path_find dll based on that Lisp code :D
Iván García Subero. Programador, profesor de informática, monitor de actividades culturales y presidente de TRINIT Asociación de Informáticos de Zaragoza. http://trinit.es

Jonsul

Yeah, lisp is known for its AI. There are several books on it, but I think many lisp programmers try to shed its AI image because it's actually a really good general purpose language as well. I'm not an AI programmer, though I am interested in it. By the way, threw me off for a second with IA, but then I remembered spanish lol

My main goal is to make great game designs and stories. I've got a few ideas already for an arcade like game, not really sure what kind of genre it's supposed to be. Maybe cross-genre. I have a few ideas for commercial games after that, as that is my ultimate goal. Then I want to get into RPGs, I'm a huge storyteller, sometimes I even have dreams of new kinds of video games.

MisterN

werg

MisterN

werg

FreeYourMind

Use actual images and I don't take your job xDD

MisterN

that made absolutely positievly 100% no sense what so ever
werg