new articles on the wiki

Started by handsource-dyko, March 16, 2012, 03:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josebita

Guy, you're awesome! Thanks :)

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

Kloppix

Handsource-dyko, thank you for your wonderful work keeping the wiki updated :) There are still a couple of missing functions. Could you (or anybody) please help? Are the last ones.

in mod_flic is missing:
INT FLI_END(INTEGER) Which apparently is not the same as END_FLI()
INT FLI_FRAME(INTEGER) Which apparently is not the same as FRAME_FLI()
INT FLI_RESET(INTEGER) Which apparently is not the same as RESET_FLI()

Besides, the wiki says joy_getball has 2 or 3 arguments...
INT joy_getball ( [ <INT JoyID> ] , <POINTER dx> , <POINTER dy>)

...instead 3 or 4
FUNC( "JOY_GETBALL" , "IPP" , TYPE_INT , modjoy_get_ball ),
FUNC( "JOY_GETBALL" , "IIPP" , TYPE_INT , modjoy_get_ball_specific ),

Lastly, did you finally figured out what pal_sys_set() and joy_getaccel() does?

handsource-dyko

Mmm.... That's strange with the Fli functions. Are they really different? From what I've understood from bennu's source the functions you mention seem aliases to me. Anyway I'll have a look.

About the joy get ball / get acecel functions, I believe they are caannoo specific. I can't test those because I don't have one, I only have digital joysticks for my pc.

Pal_sys_set is still a bit of a mistery to me unfortunatly.

DCelso

Monstruos Diabólicos

"A PAck of classic GAMEs For BennuGD" en desarrollo
http://code.google.com/p/apagame4be/

handsource-dyko

Regarding the differences with the fli functions, Isn't it because you normally can only have one active fli animation?
I've just looked at end_fli() and now I come to think of it, end_fli(interger) is probably a variation of the same function, but in this case to allow
more then one fli animation. Where the argument is the id of the fli. At least that's what I'm thinking about at the moment.

SplinterGU

Kloppix

This is why I said they are not the same.

FUNC( "END_FLI"         , ""            , TYPE_INT , modflic_end          ),
FUNC( "FLI_END"         , "I"           , TYPE_INT , modflic_endx         ),

FUNC( "FRAME_FLI"       , ""            , TYPE_INT , modflic_frame        ),
FUNC( "FLI_FRAME"       , "I"           , TYPE_INT , modflic_framex       ),

FUNC( "RESET_FLI"       , ""            , TYPE_INT , modflic_reset        ),
FUNC( "FLI_RESET"       , "I"           , TYPE_INT , modflic_resetx       ),

For example fli_end() without arguments doesn't even compile
      Incorrect number of parameters. Function: FLI_END MinParams: 1.

and the same with end_fli with arguments
      Incorrect number of parameters. Function: END_FLI MinParams: 0.

I know you guys already told me it's just an alias, but I don't get it :(
(sorry to be a pain)

handsource-dyko

:-\ That's weird. But still, are there two different variants in terms of functionality? Like with mode 7 and scrolls there exist two versions, a simple one and a more sophisticated variant where the scroll or the mode 7 can blitted on a map.

SplinterGU

no weird...

all new functions have a prefix that depend their belonging group... MAP_* map functions, PAL_* palette functions, FPG_* fpg functions, etc.

FLI_* are new functions... new functions return/work with an identifier... FLI_START return an identifier that is used as input in all other functions.

handsource-dyko

Ooook. So it's still only one fli animation instance?

Kloppix

Understood :) So, while Start_fli only returns if it was successfull,  Fli_start returns a "fliID", used for all fli_*functions. I'm going to uptade the wiki today.

Quote from: handsource-dyko on July 24, 2012, 07:18:33 AM
Ooook. So it's still only one fli animation instance?

No  ;D I just tested it and unlike Start_fli, Fli_start can be used to start several animations. Then you can stop them individually using the flicID. 

Splinter, sos groso, sabelo.

I think there is a bug or something, though.  Short after stopping the animation I get always  " *** glibc detected *** borrar: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x089541d8 *** "

btw
Quote from: handsource-dyko on July 23, 2012, 05:29:14 PMLike with mode 7 and scrolls there exist two versions, a simple one and a more sophisticated variant where the scroll or the mode 7 can blitted on a map.

It seems are they the same thing now, although following the new "standard" only the MODE7_* ones should be used.
    FUNC( "MODE7_START" , "IIIIIIII"    , TYPE_INT , modm7_start2 ),
    FUNC( "START_MODE7" , "IIIIIIII"    , TYPE_INT , modm7_start2 ),

FUNC( "MODE7_START" , "IIIIII"      , TYPE_INT , modm7_start  ),
    FUNC( "START_MODE7" , "IIIIII"      , TYPE_INT , modm7_start  ), 

FUNC( "MODE7_STOP"  , "I"           , TYPE_INT , modm7_stop   ),
    FUNC( "STOP_MODE7"  , "I"           , TYPE_INT , modm7_stop   ),

handsource-dyko

:) Great. So you can have more then one fli animation. That must be new improvement.
O, I found out how Sandman added images to wiki articles. It seems they cannot be uploaded, but he (deep) links an image that stored on another server. I simply looked at one of his articles to see how he did that, and now my file dialog tutorial has an screenshot. My picasa album is almost full, and my webhost (woelmuis) doesn't allow deeplinking of images.

I wonder if it technically possible in media wiki to create an image upload (like in the forum) so that it's easier to add images (or other content like fpg's, sounds, etc) to articles. That would be conveint for tutorials.

Kloppix

Well, there is an "upload file" link under "Toolbar". But you must be logged in.

Kloppix

Handsource-dyko, 2 days ago I realized fileinfo had 2 undocumented members: fileinfo.accessed & fileinfo.statechg. Maybe you'll find this useful for your tutorial. I added them in http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?title=Fileinfo with a short description. My English is not the best, so feel free to correct it :P