Questions about selling and liscenses

Started by MisterN, May 30, 2012, 04:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterN

1. I want to sell my game at some point in the future, what all do I have to do to be able to sell it?

2. There exists liscenses, but there are so many I dont know which one will allow me to: *sell my game *keep my source code private (if i perfer)

thanks
werg

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on May 30, 2012, 04:10:17 AM
1. I want to sell my game at some point in the future, what all do I have to do to be able to sell it?

2. There exists liscenses, but there are so many I dont know which one will allow me to: *sell my game *keep my source code private (if i perfer)
thanks
it depends a bit on where you live but basically by coding your game and creating its resources, you own it and its copyright. (I'm assuming you're not using someone else's resources in your game and that you live in a country where copyright exists, which is pretty much anywhere).

And once you've created your game, you just have to pack it for the platform where you want to sell it and choose the distributor.
For example: on iOS you'd have to get a developer account from apple and add your game through their wizard.

MisterN

So technically once im done, my games all set to go? I can go upload it to desura and the droid market (which is now google play) right then and there?
werg

josebita

Quote from: DoctorN on June 01, 2012, 09:08:29 PM
So technically once im done, my games all set to go? I can go upload it to desura and the droid market (which is now google play) right then and there?
as long as they're correctly packaged yes. This might include creating an installer or a native package for your target platform. The process for doing so are not bennugd-specific but if you have doubts, post them here and someone might be able to help.
However, remember that the android port is not yet fully functional.

Of course always remember to test your games in the target platform before distributing them.