be carefull with having bennu path multiple times in your windows PATH variable.

Started by handsource-dyko, July 31, 2012, 09:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsource-dyko

Just a thing to be carefull of when you're using windows and using local installed versions of bennu besides a global version.
I had some weird compilation issues when setting the project directory for my new version of malvado jesterday. I found it strange why it
would compile without having the bennu files in my project directory. It seems I had multiple references to different versions of bennu in my windows PATH variable.

I decided to remove all the references and test it out. Now it works fine. I usually downlaod the RAR version because I copy the bennu files to a project directory, so that I can test with different versions.  (I don't use centrally installed version). For some odd reason a reference to a bennu path showed up multiple times in my PATH variable and they are different versions. So, if you have strange behaviour, check your PATH variable and update to the version your using or if you use local copies remove it from the path. This way you're ensured to use the version that's in your project directory. If you don't have the bennu files in your project directory and typing bgdc or bgdi still executes them, then you know something in your PATH is still pointing to another version on your harddisk.

You can inspect your PATH variable by simply typing PATH in the dos prompt. To change it, go to the configuration panel->system-> click on "advanced", then on "enviorment variables", and locate the PATH variable and change it. Then reboot for the change to take effect.

A word of caution, be carefull what you remove from the PATH, copy the contents to notepad first so that you can edit it more easily and then paste it back.

josebita

Thanks for the warning :)
People should take this into account not only in windows but on other systems too!