help with android

Started by tmoney, August 06, 2013, 10:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmoney

Could someone please help out an android novice? i've never done anything with an android device before, and i'm hoping to port my game to the ouya, but i don't really know what i'm doing. i've been trying to use the packager by josebita, but i'm running into a problem and i don't know how fix it.

when i try to package my game, i'm getting this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "packager.py", line 286, in package
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'admobjar' referenced before assignment

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? i assume i haven't set up the packager right, could someone list the steps i need to take to set it up properly?

thanks

FreeYourMind

we have a similar english post, search the last posts by Black Curtain Studio

tmoney

hmm, his problem does look similar to mine, but unfortunately, his solution doesn't solve my problem. i guess i will wait until josabita updates the packager and see how it works then. thanks

BlackCurtain

Quote from: tmoney on August 07, 2013, 09:48:43 PM
hmm, his problem does look similar to mine, but unfortunately, his solution doesn't solve my problem. i guess i will wait until josabita updates the packager and see how it works then. thanks
You have to run the packager from the jar file and then check the admob checkbox and input some random user ID in the field (if you don't actually have a real one). That worked for me. Though I haven't actually gotten the game to run on a OUYA yet, I still get errors that I cannot fix on my side. Still waiting on the new version to be fixed.

tmoney

i'm not familiar with jar files, could you be more specific? what is the file called? also, i just realized that the packager file i downloaded has "win32" in the title:
[size=140%]BennuGD_Packager-win32_20130505.7z[/size] 

is there a 64bit version somewhere? i can't find one.

tmoney

ok, thanks to josabita for posting the new update of the packager, i've managed to successfully get a program up and running on the ouya. but when any button on the controller is pressed, the program exits. I'm guessing it's crashing, but I'm not sure why. i started very simple, here is the entire program:

#ifdef __VERSION__
import "mod_text"
import "mod_string"
import "mod_key"
import "mod_screen"
import "mod_proc"
import "mod_video"
#endif

GLOBAL

BEGIN

write(0,100,100,0,"hello world");
    set_mode(1920,1080);
    LOOP

FRAME;
    END
END

anyone know why it's exiting the program?

FreeYourMind

tmoney

hmm... still exits when any button is pushed, it must be something i'm doing wrong outside the code i guess. i also noticed if i import mod_joy it crashes immediately.