Packaging files into DCB using Wiiload & bgdc.elf

Started by square, December 15, 2013, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square

Is possible to package an FPG file into DCB using the Wii port?

I have tried using Wiiload.exe from my computer for:

wiiload bgdc.elf -i [location] -a [source]

This -a does work only using -i however seems to produce a runtime error when the resources are not present.

I tried adding one file with 2 methods:

wiiload bgdc.elf -i [location] -f [file] [source]

But adding one file -f argument crashes the Wii!

There are other tools apart from Wiiload stated here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload

Perhaps they can enable a different method, however I don't have time at present to test them all.

Has anyone managed to pack resources in a DCB successfully and managed to run the game correctly? Are there alternatives?
Square-theorist.

handsource-dyko

It should normally be possible with the windows / linux versions. I believe it's a standard feature that should work with most bgdi versions, but I'm not sure about the wii.

square

No, I have tried all kinds of ways.

Packaging resources is not possible with the current port of bennugd-wii.

Is this a permanent limitation? Bennu homebrew would benefit a lot from this, personally I'm not willing to distribute even homebrew with a pure FPG, when it can be opened and the graphics exported easily.

Point of interest to josebita and SplinterGU: Ending of bennu games is production, then distribution. This is essential for games-maker's success when they have spent the time creating a game. Could we have better functionality for porting perhaps? Or, platform specific documentation further than the current forum help in the form of closed or sticky threads?

I'm willing to write a guide to improve the situation for users who want to port their games to GP2XZ Caanoo or Wii or just general porting information. What do you think?
Square-theorist.