Problem with blank screen using latest bennu-wii release

Started by square, December 01, 2013, 03:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square

Hi,

I'm getting my game up and running (ports working perfectly on Windows & Caanoo) and would like a tip or two of getting a fully working port for wii.

When using the latest http://code.google.com/p/bennugd-monolithic/downloads/list BennuGD "preview release 1" compiler and interpreter I am getting a blank screen.

I've tried converting my main FPG to 8-bit colour and 16-bit colour.

I have tried set_mode (320 , 240); and also without setting mode at all.

I did try the very early wii release which always displayed graphics, meaning my display code is about ok...
(I was willing to use this but there seemed no way of getting the wiimote recognised, and I've tried different codes to get it to work)

So anyway has anyone solved this problem before? I'll leave a link to a finished version of my game, when I've resolved this display problem.

Thanks guys.
Square-theorist.

josebita

Please, try with this one:
https://code.google.com/p/bennugd-monolithic/downloads/detail?name=bennugd-rc1~refresh1.tar.bz2

The download for the other archive states that you shouldn't be using it :)

Also, make sure you uncompress all your FPGs, MAPs and FNTs

square

Thanks for your advice.

Ok, no problem with that specific release in terms of graphics.

Seems though I have no wiimote recognition, the lights on it are dead.

I tested again with erasing a line in the code which reads "joy_select(0);" which was selecting wii remote 1. However there is no default recognition of the wiimote either.

josebita: Can you help at all, I have no idea if to try and enable SDL connection to wiimotes somehow in my code. How would you do this yourself?

edit - my wiimote is a Wii MotionPlus, so I'm making sure the Homebrew channel is updated to the latest version first, then will post the result here

later edit - everything I'm working with is updated. No luck with the wiimote recognition! I am using mod_joy and no setup commands. It should work?
Square-theorist.

square

Ok, I tested the gamecube pad and it seems to work perfectly.

So I have discovered, (with this bennu-wii release) the problem is with WiiMotion type wiimotes, they just aren't recognised. These became a quite common peripheral for the Wii, so perhaps someone needs to investigate this for the future of bennugd-wii ports.

Otherwise, I'm trading my WiiMotion wiimote for a second-hand normal wiimote tomorrow, and finishing this port.

I should upload a video link of my game running on a Wii and TV screen.

Thanks again to josebita for his port.
Square-theorist.

square

I am now having problems with reading the joystick position from the Gamecube controller, (I've decided I want to use this as a control method for my bennu game).

The button mappings as described on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SDL_Wii are totally correct, but using joy_getaxis returns a 0 for both axes.

Would anyone have a close solution? I'm kind of nudging you josebita. :P
Square-theorist.

square

Good news:

I bought an older wiimote and I've completed the control system for that. That works perfectly, I'm enjoying playing Hero: The Realm again.

I even have the rumble pack/force feedback working when you are hit. mod_wpad commands are great!

Thanks again to the people that work so hard on Bennu and the various ports. :)
Square-theorist.