Smart Fpg Editor

Started by darío, January 03, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darío

What's the issue? I am out for the weekend but any problem i can fix on monday.
My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

JaViS

Quote from: darío on September 04, 2016, 02:33:22 AM
It just won't launch after installation
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

darío

Descubrí que introduje un bug cuando implementé lo de los archivos no comprimidos que originaba problemas en el dreag&drop debido a que cerraba dos veces el mismo file handler cuando este ya no era válido.

Fixed en 0.5.1.

Si puedes, actualiza el link de descarga de las noticias. No creo que merezca la pena una noticia nueva.

Gracias por cierto por la "publi" ;)

My sites:
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

darío

Regarding the problem with launching the application, i still have to find out why, i believe is only in win10. If you rename the SmartFpgEditor.exe.manifest to manifest.old then you can start the application. When you close it, you can rename it again to .manifest and wilk work

I will investigate the problem, please open a bug in bitbucket if you can.

I relased 0.5.1 which does not solve this problem (or perhaps iy does as i did change the manifest file so as the version number matches that of the application) but it does solve another important issue with drag and drop between windows.
My sites:

Ryo Suzuki

Gracias Dario por el trabajo.

Por cierto, ¿hay una versión más antigua que no "infle" tanto el peso de los fpg?

Estuve leyendo que en versiones anteriores se conseguía reducir bastante el tamaño pero se cambió no sé porque motivo. Para mi es necesario que pesen lo mínimo posible y he comprobado que metiéndole los mismos files a tu Smart y a la útil vieja nativa de Bennu hay mucha diferencia de tamaño del file final. ¿Por qué es? Los reconvierte a .map directamente o algo así?

Un saludo.

darío

It is not yet docummented but you can configure it in the conf.xml file. You only need to change one flag. Look at the end of the file for:

<Option key="use-gzip" value="False" />

And change it to true.

Lets keep this post in english :). Yes i alsp replied in spanish by mistake
My sites:

darío

Quote from: JaViS on September 04, 2016, 12:27:25 PM
Quote from: darío on September 04, 2016, 02:33:22 AM
It just won't launch after installation

Now I had time to check this.

Problem description and solution is here

I was right, it had to do with the manifest file.

I will prepare a fix for next version.
My sites:

Ryo Suzuki

Quote from: darío on September 04, 2016, 04:54:07 PM

<Option key="use-gzip" value="False" />

Ok, thank you. I will try.

Cheers.

JaViS

Quote from: darío on September 04, 2016, 02:32:12 PM
Regarding the problem with launching the application, i still have to find out why, i believe is only in win10. If you rename the SmartFpgEditor.exe.manifest to manifest.old then you can start the application. When you close it, you can rename it again to .manifest and wilk work

I will investigate the problem, please open a bug in bitbucket if you can.

I relased 0.5.1 which does not solve this problem (or perhaps iy does as i did change the manifest file so as the version number matches that of the application) but it does solve another important issue with drag and drop between windows.

Yup, this seems to solve the issue, why is the manifiest file required?
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

darío

Good, thanks for testing.

Because without the manifest you need to manually configure the program to run in compatibility mode due to OLE Automation technology. Otherwise drag&drop made the program to crash. See this.
My sites:

handsource-dyko

Long time no see, Just downloaded it, and I quite like the grayscale feature in the palette editor.
I did have to do the manifest trick on windows 10 though.

I've been absent for a while, I don't have that much free time anymore to devote to developing bennu things. You know, work and hobbies and the Youtube channel mainly.
But when I see the time I may start creating something again.

darío

I am glad you like it :). Feel free to comment if you have any feature request.
My sites:

cmunoz

After renaming the manifest file it works on Windows 7. Thanks for all your work!

darío

Glad to see people still using it. The actual fix to the problem is https://bitbucket.org/dacucar/smart-fpg-editor/issues/13/application-does-not-start-in-windows-10.

In that page you also find the last versiom, which is 0.51 (I see most people is still dowbloading 0.50 which had a bug with drag an drop).

My sites:

darío

New version 0.5.2 with a new feature I call "smart compression" which makes it very easy to work with both compressed and uncompressed FPG without having to touch the global configuration file.

I will see if I can upload a video tomorrow but if you feel adventurous go and download it.

The trick of the manifest should no longer be necessary.

I hope you find it useful.

Darío
My sites: