Main Menu

Fenix Wiki

Started by Sandman, January 21, 2008, 11:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman

Greetings, fellow Bennu users!

Over the year Fenix Wiki has evolved into a great repository of Fenix/Bennu knowledge, attracting people from allover the world - and it's still growing. Many functions (like Blendops), variables (like Reserved), etc have been documented and can be read about. There is also a number of tutorials available and a fully documented Network.DLL. Navigating has become easier too, with the use of navboxes.

But it's still not completed and it needs people to add content! Do you have a tutorial lying around or do you want to make one? Maybe know how a certain functions works or know a cool trick with it? Add it!

Everything is welcome, so head over to http://www.fenixdocs.com.

Cheers,

Sandman
-- Sandman

osk

Hi Sandman!

I don´t know if you´ve read about a book I wrote last year which explain many things about Fenix.
You can download from here: http://www.xtec.net/~otorren2/CursoFenix2.pdf  (it´s in last FenixPack, too). It has many many code examples and some tutorials for developing different games such as tetris, RPGs, etc. Feel free of take what you want in order to complement FenixWiki, if you think it´s a good idea. The only bad thing is that the book is written in spanish...sorry.

See you!

Sandman

I've seen and skimmed through your book, actually. There is indeed a lot of stuff in it, good job! But I can't read Spanish so it's too difficult for me to do. I can of course link your book, thanks.  :)
-- Sandman

Rincewind

Quote from: osk on January 21, 2008, 11:36:00 PM
I don´t know if you´ve read about a book I wrote last year which explain many things about Fenix.
You can download from here: http://www.xtec.net/~otorren2/CursoFenix2.pdf  (it´s in last FenixPack, too). It has many many code examples and some tutorials for developing different games such as tetris, RPGs, etc. Feel free of take what you want in order to complement FenixWiki, if you think it´s a good idea. The only bad thing is that the book is written in spanish...sorry.

I skimmed through it too, it looks like quite the effort, it seems to be a very general introduction to game development at first and then becoming more Fenix specific. Good job to write a book with so many pages. But like Sandman, I'm not Spanish either. Maybe you could translate a few tutorials or other things from the book to English and put them on the wiki?
Getting things done is vital.

osk

Many thanks for the book!!

However, you can see that my english is very poor, and I´m not ready to translate any text (in fact, I´m writing this looking up the dictionary).

Sorry, but (now) I´m not the man. If I learn a bit more in the future...

Sandman

What you write is actually quite English, keep it up.  ;) I haven't put on a link, because there is not a proper page for it yet. In the future there will be a section for absolute beginners and it will fit in perfectly there.
-- Sandman