Presentation

Started by Phoenix, November 26, 2009, 10:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Here I go with some pics of the game:

The project is about a soccer table-game. The game challenges 2 teams, 1 of them managed by the player and the other one by the computer. Each team will have 4 team-mates that you will be able to move around all the tiled field. The players will have their own skill levels(Pass,Shoot,Tackle & Stamina). There will be another issues, like "luck", to consider at the moment you roll dices to complete the desired movements of your players.

The game will have 2 kinds of game, League & Exhibition matches. The league is splitted into 2 categories, The Premier Tiled Division and The Honor Tiled Division.

Nothin' more right now! More news on next chapters. Stay tuned!

Windgate

Very original, the matrix "spiral-checking" algorithm is very interesting, I was working with that kind of chekings on my strategy 3D game. Is it a turned based game or a real time game?
Iván García Subero. Programador, profesor de informática, monitor de actividades culturales y presidente de TRINIT Asociación de Informáticos de Zaragoza. http://trinit.es

Phoenix

Its turn based game, It will have some rules, dont sure of all of them right now.

The algorithm have some rudimentary checkings sometimes (Like... if you are on this special tile, change the graph of only 3 tiles, something like that...),Sooo Im not sure at all what would happen if I do the field longer (wich is impossible with that kind of resolutions).

Drumpi

Hey, some time ago i did a soccer game similar to this in paper. I talk a little of it in the "paperactivos" thread ^^
I think you can do a bigger field and make longer pass and shots, but think that: the more players on the field, the more tactical the game is, or else, it becomes a semi-racing game based (counterattacks).
You can make an scroll to do this, and use zoom or mini-map. Zoom is a good option, because background can be the same and you can reescale the tiles using lines. And you can use several process: at 200MHz i used more than 200 process at same time at 30fps.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

blostec

It's a good challenge developing a good IA for this game. Good luck with the project.

drai_kin

Nice one, the idea is very original, as far as I know, there is nothing like this in wiz or gp2x !

Good luck with the IA :)

Phoenix

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Drumpi, haha, I read about your game on the thread, the idea seems so similar. Still thinking about doing the field longer, such many work there, anyway the tactic game, exists here... the players will move 1-2 tiles per turn, only will be able to pass or shoot 1 time per turn also and you will lose your turn if you lose the ball doing a wrong pass or a shoot, so you need to think what you gonna do before trying it.

About the IA, yea, my brain will cry when I start it xD!.

Right now, today hope to finish all user-team possible actions like passes, shoots, moves & tackles.