The wiki is being used for spam!

Started by Sslaxx, June 22, 2011, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman

I don't know how long everyone has been around here, so let me tell you the story. 3 or 4 years ago I started the wiki, back then it was for Fenix. At a certain point it was converted to Bennu and has been like that ever since. Many, many hours have gone into documenting Fenix/Bennu on there. Some other users have added some documentation as well, but it's still so that probably 90% or 95% is of my hand. I can tell you that it saddens me greatly as well to see it go to waste like this. I don't know who or why my admin privileges were revoked as at that time I was actually still the most active contributor. I don't know why DCelso deleted the Beginner's tutorial (was at the end of a spam cleanup, so probably he looked at the size of the pages or something). I do know that this has gone long enough.

Who is in charge at the moment? Shape up or get someone else to do it.
-- Sandman

handsource-dyko

I feel, since you are the orginal creater, should have the ultimate authority over the wiki. I realize that is a bit against the spirit of a wiki,
but if it is maintained by only a few selected people, the quality and consistancy of the wiki is ensured. I envision a system where all users can contribute by submitting additions and remarks, and that the maintainers review it for accuracy and quality (but not as rigid like a peer review system).

The wiki and the spanish manual (when translated) could become the "official" manuals for bennu programming. Although I must say that the manual that came with DIV gamestudio was and to some extend still is a good source of information as well. Anyway, the wiki must stay anvailible, as it's the only comprehensive documentation in english.

MisterN

Save everything you have and make your own wikia
werg

SplinterGU

I don't want remove wiki, but what we can do for get a solution for this problem?
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

MisterN

shouldnt the owner/admin of the wiki be able to look at every single page on one page (like a portal)? Delete everything, then make it so you cant add or edit anything. Or like I said shut down the wiki temporarily for cleaning, create a downloadable version of that wiki. Or make a temporary wikia page that has everything.
werg

josebita

Just wrote an email to DCelso (opne of the wiki admins) to ask him to make me administrator, too.

Kloppix

DoctorN. I failed creating a new account on the Wiki, so I sent a message to Dcelso a couple of days ago asking for help. I also told him about your problem, but I'm still waiting for an answer. As a matter of fact, he hasn't been online for almost a month! I hope he is ok.

I don't know whether the wiki will stay (hope so) or if we'll have to make a new one. Anyway,  I made a list of missing information (mainly functions) here: ( http://forum.bennugd.org/index.php?topic=1972.0 ). I would gladly write articles too in the meantime, but my Bennu's knowledge it's not a lot better as my English skills :P