Feature requests for FBMX

Started by izubiaurre, August 18, 2008, 04:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izubiaurre

Yes, it has a lot of work to do, but honestly I have no so much time and sometimes I lose my will to continue working on it.

Well, recently I take back the project and I'm working on it. When I decided not to continue on the project I was working with a few things, features send by de user sandman. Here is his list of features:

* Discussion
- To do
+ Done
? Don't understand

The list so far:

* Ctrl-R should start Find & Replace, instead of (or next to) ctrl-H
* Shift + click on a filetab should close it.
- I like Find and Find & Replace windows to NOT demand the input, so I can still scroll through my file.
+ Menu's like the Bookmarks should go away when I hit ESC.

? The line under the Function declaration: what?

? Confine Caret function OFF doesn't work properly with hard tabs.
+ The fontsize changing doesn't work.
* There is no configurable linespacing (don't use it personally, but could be useful).
- There are only a few Fenix specific colourings "KeyWord" and the "Tag" things, although I might want to colour variables differently than constants, etc. There should be a much greater variety of keyword colours. I suggest the following: Functions, Functions home declared, Private/Local Variables, Global Variables, Constants, Datatypes, Syntactical Statements, Flow Control Statements. (look in the fenix.chl file on fenixdocs.com). I'd also recommend making use of highlighting files, so people can update and add their own stuff.
- It should be configurable to place the linenumbers IN the gutter, not aside it.

+ Declare and OnExit, null are not highlighted, as are a lot of constants and variables.

+ Bookmark section crashed (I hit the EDIT button?).
+ The IDE is not fully English (here and there are some Spanish texts, like in the Bookmarks).
- I'd like to be able to add Include directories (the -i parameter of fxc.exe).

- Better Program Inspector, as it now searches for Process/Function. Search for BEGIN and get the process/function info from there.
- Doubleclicking on a datatype in the Program Inspector fails.
- The Program Inspector sees "Process int lalala()" as the process int, but should be lalala.
- The Program Inspector sees "Function _nonexistingdatatype lalala()" as the function _nonexistingdatatype, but should be lalala.

+ Annoying that when I type "end" and hit enter it auto completed to "end_fli" while I just want to type "end".
- Sometimes the completion list pops up even if there is no positive match. Like I had datatype called "_gaap" and when I typed "_F" it popped up and highlighted "_gaap".

Some are finished, some have no way to be complited... each feature has a symbol in the begining. Those who have the symbol *, have to be discussed and those who have ?, I have to understand, so all your help, Sandman, will be usefull.

Sandman

Quote* Ctrl-R should start Find & Replace, instead of (or next to) ctrl-H
It's just that ctrl-h is something mainly Microsoft programs use, while ctrl-r is a more generally accepted hotkey for Replace text.

Quote* Shift + click on a filetab should close it.
I also would like to add middlemouse (mousewheel click) to this.

Quote? The line under the Function declaration: what?
In the Fenix/Bennu code, beneath the line where I declare a Function there's a line. I don't know why it is there, but it's pretty annoying. Please make this configurable.

Quote? Confine Caret function OFF doesn't work properly with hard tabs.
Yeah I remember. When you have the following lines:
<tab>AAP
<4spaces>AAP
the lines are of the same width (with tab width set to 4). So when I put the caret at the end of the first line and press down, it should remain at the same X position, right? Well it doesn't, it goes 3 positions to the left, probably because it counts the tab character as ONE instead of FOUR.

Quote* There is no configurable linespacing (don't use it personally, but could be useful).
I don't use it either, I asked this for someone else. But if it's easy to implement, please do, because configurability IS very important, just like this one:
Quote- It should be configurable to place the linenumbers IN the gutter, not aside it.
I'd very much like it.

Quote- I'd like to be able to add Include directories (the -i parameter of fxc.exe).
I'd like to point out the importance of this. If you look at any C/C++ IDE, you will see that they provide a way to add include directories and lib directories, include for source and lib for libraries. You can't differentiate with Fenix/Bennu (not yet?), so one list would be awesome.

And also the configurable highlighter is very important. You should also think about using moddesc.exe to get functions and their parameter list etc. It's only a bit more work; maybe I can help in the parsing of the output if you like, but I think you'll manage.
-- Sandman

izubiaurre

Quote from: Sandman on August 19, 2008, 08:44:58 AM
Quote* Ctrl-R should start Find & Replace, instead of (or next to) ctrl-H
It's just that ctrl-h is something mainly Microsoft programs use, while ctrl-r is a more generally accepted hotkey for Replace text.

Ctrl+R and Ctrl+H are currently used. Sorry.

Quote* Shift + click on a filetab should close it.
I also would like to add middlemouse (mousewheel click) to this.

Fixed.

Quote? The line under the Function declaration: what?
In the Fenix/Bennu code, beneath the line where I declare a Function there's a line. I don't know why it is there, but it's pretty annoying. Please make this configurable.

Now, you can configure, if you like to see this "helping" line (under or upper), or not to see.

Quote? Confine Caret function OFF doesn't work properly with hard tabs.
Yeah I remember. When you have the following lines:
<tab>AAP
<4spaces>AAP
the lines are of the same width (with tab width set to 4). So when I put the caret at the end of the first line and press down, it should remain at the same X position, right? Well it doesn't, it goes 3 positions to the left, probably because it counts the tab character as ONE instead of FOUR.

This works for me.

Quote* There is no configurable linespacing (don't use it personally, but could be useful).
I don't use it either, I asked this for someone else. But if it's easy to implement, please do, because configurability IS very important, just like this one:

It's no possible with the code library we're using. Sorry.

Quote- It should be configurable to place the linenumbers IN the gutter, not aside it.
I'd very much like it.

I don't understand what's the difference between these two options.

Quote- I'd like to be able to add Include directories (the -i parameter of fxc.exe).
I'd like to point out the importance of this. If you look at any C/C++ IDE, you will see that they provide a way to add include directories and lib directories, include for source and lib for libraries. You can't differentiate with Fenix/Bennu (not yet?), so one list would be awesome.

And also the configurable highlighter is very important. You should also think about using moddesc.exe to get functions and their parameter list etc. It's only a bit more work; maybe I can help in the parsing of the output if you like, but I think you'll manage.
[/quote]

There's a long work upgrading these options of bennu's compiler.

Sandman

Good work.

Quote from: izubiaurre on October 19, 2008, 10:45:48 AM
Ctrl+R and Ctrl+H are currently used. Sorry.
You could make the hotkeys configurable.

Quote from: izubiaurre on October 19, 2008, 10:45:48 AM

There's a long work upgrading these options of bennu's compiler.
What do you mean? Bennu has always supported this using the -i parameter.
-- Sandman

izubiaurre

Yep, I know. But FBMX still has no this option.