Programming Top Gear 2

Started by dh4m13l, April 19, 2010, 01:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dh4m13l

Hi! Yesterday I was trying to guess how a game like Top Gear 2 for Super Nintendo is programmed... it does not look like mode 7... how would you do something like that on Bennu? I am saying it does not look like mode 7 because there are hills on the road, the road is not even and plane.

FreeYourMind

They use a set of techniques, in Top Gear 2 for consoles, the objects of the side of the road (pub, trees, houses, etc) are made with 2,3 alternate images in diferent sizes (is not a real zoom like out run arcade, but you can do the same effect of zoom with bennu).

The road use another tecniques.

The best example to do something similar it's a french Super Hang-On clone game made with DIV games studio!!

I send it to you in a couple of minutes.
Regards.

FreeYourMind

Drumpi

I was looking to do a game like this one since lot of time, but i can't find nothing (i don't search it seriously, although).
I saw that games uses something called "raster effects" and can be done "drawing in real time", because you need to deform the road following the camera side by side, and following the hills of terrain.
Maybe you will be luckyer than me.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

SplinterGU

hehehe! Just Yesterday I start experiment in a game like this one...

well, good look!
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

dh4m13l

Please let us know what you come up with SplinterGU!!! And thanks a lot Freeyourmind, I guess that zip files include the source files?

FreeYourMind

dh4m13l

It is the source files that I am interested in... is there anyway to get those?  I was browsing the page you gave me but I cannot find anything. Can you help me out please? If I get to understand how to do it I will write an easy tutorial as thanks gift :-)

FreeYourMind

You have a PM!

What... you don't have mail box!!!  ;D

FreeYourMind

Forget... I see the source many years ago, if i find them in my divtec i send it tou you.  :D

Drumpi

Hey, I want it too, i want to do Sonic Drift 3 or else ;D
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

dh4m13l

Ok, thanks Freeyourmind. I do not have any PM by the way... if you did send me a PM could you actually resend it? Thanks!!

FreeYourMind

Why you don't have PM ? It's an option in the registration ?