porting to XBox

Started by pdiddles03, May 24, 2011, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeYourMind

cygwin !???? Man, i think you are a bit confused...
The port to XBOX is Microsoft technology, they don't use Linux, and use the SDL distro for Windows....

I say it again, i'm working on the port to XBox, if you whant to do the port yourself, you're welcome.
The A600 src are included in the distro of SORR to XBox, take a look to see what modules A600 has ported, in the other post we put the complete list and details...

pdiddles03

Problem is, i don't read spanish lol.  if i did it would be alot easier. 

freeyourmind, thank you for your help.  I appreciate it.  :) You seem to be there a lot for people. 

How do you use the modules?

pdiddles03

Is this compiled then with c# and visual studio 2003?

My problem is I am trying to compile a XBE file

FreeYourMind

In the spanish post, they are a external link in english who teach you to configure VS2003, only works with VS2003.

pdiddles03

On Xbox-scene people say you can use cygwin to make an xbe along with openxdk. 

My question is, how the heck do you use the streets of rage modules?  There is no documentation on bennu for Xbox, i've looked and looked. 

FreeYourMind

First try to compile A600 port, if you have sucess on this, to complete the bennu port you need to compile the rest of the modules. It's simple...
I don't undestand your doubts, you don't need documentation (don't exists anyway), simply try to compile the src, i'm compiling the actual src, but i have problems with the version of pnglib, my port is in standby for now, i can't help you about cygwin, because i use oficial Xbox SDK and i don't have problems to generate the XBE if i disable the module that use the pnglib...

pdiddles03

Ok, so I'm sorry I'm such a headache.

But i got more questions lol. 

If I have a game already written in bennu, it's all working right on pc.  And I want to port it using the official xdk, how would I use the libraries of streets of rage to compile the xbe?  is there another language I need to learn or are the libraries streets of rage all I need to compile the xbe? 

thanks for all your help

FreeYourMind

First, forget the SORR game, the only thing have to be present is the xbox port have X modules of Y ported (the list in the spanish post).

So, if your game only needs modules of this list, your game works with the sorr bennu port, only rename your game (your .dcb) to the name of the SORR dcb...

The second step is to adapt your game to XBox buttons or resolution, this depends on your game...

pdiddles03

In what language is that done in?  or can this also be done in bennugd?

FreeYourMind

i don't understand , do what ?

pdiddles03

Ok, how can i specify which button to push for an action lets say on the computer, jump is space bar, and shift is shoot.  How can i specify A is shoot and B is jump?  can this be done in bennu or does it need to be done through xdk?

pdiddles03

BAsically how is adapting done, Can it be done through bennu

FreeYourMind

you can see the src of the port to view the equivalence of buttons, or compare PC version of SORR with the XBox version and annotate them...

pdiddles03

did a600 write the the button thin in bennu? or did he write it in another language

FreeYourMind

I wonder who of you have an XBox 1 hacked? Thanks.