porting to XBox

Started by pdiddles03, May 24, 2011, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddles03

anyone have experience in porting bennugd to xbox?  I'm writing games and need some help porting them.

FreeYourMind

thereare a topic about it, i'm working on a port too (in standby right now)

pdiddles03

can I get the link for it?  I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

FreeYourMind

handsource-dyko

Isn't the xbox just a modified pc with an embedded and stripped version of windows? It appears the api's are based on directx. I believe there are linux version for the xbox out there that turn it onto just an ordinairy pc. The controllers are usb based, the only difference are the connectors.

pdiddles03

handsourcedyko,

the xbox is basically a broken down pc.  Yes it runs linux. but it does not run windows.  there was a port of windows ce done fo rit, but it is not fully functioning.  it was more of a proof of concept thing. 

The xbox does not launch EXE files, it launches xbe files.  That is why there are teams at the xbox-scene that were or are dedicated to porting things to the Xbox, becaues the Xbox does not run windows games. 

Of course you can use wine under linux, but with the limited capability to doing that, and sometimes wine won't run the games either.   

The only linux that runs properly under Xbox is XDSL .  all other ones have a hard time running and are slow becuase of the original Xbox's limited resources.

handsource-dyko

I knew that it does not run exe files, but it what thought that the os was based on the kernal of windowsNT. The filesystem is believed to be a FAT12 variant. But it does use directx. (I've got it from wikipedia).

pdiddles03

Yes, but that doesn't help much with porting

SplinterGU

karma! increible!

gracias.
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

FreeYourMind

Quote from: SplinterGU on May 25, 2011, 03:02:21 AM
karma! increible!

gracias.

Yo flipo contigo  ;D
Has dado un karma sin saber o ni siquiera mirar porque lo has hecho xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

SplinterGU

Quote from: FreeYourMind on May 25, 2011, 06:35:12 AM
Quote from: SplinterGU on May 25, 2011, 03:02:21 AM
karma! increible!

gracias.

Yo flipo contigo  ;D
Has dado un karma sin saber o ni siquiera mirar porque lo has hecho xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

por los binarios bennu para xbox, acaso esta mal?
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

FreeYourMind

Si esta mal, has visto que binarios eran ?

Son los mismos que puse yo semanas antes en el post de SORR, y no es un port de Bennu completo, pero si el mismo que viene con el SORR de XBOX que fue portado por A600 xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

pdiddles03

please reply in english.