Android packager error "admob"

Started by BlackCurtain, July 06, 2013, 03:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCurtain

I tried to package one of my games in the Android packager, but keep getting an error about unsigned variable "admob". I have obviously installed the Android SDK and JDK. Check the attachment for the error output.

handsource-dyko

You have to check the admob checkmark, even if you don't use admob. That's currently a quirk in the packager. But this looks like a different problem.

BlackCurtain

I did that, but it still shows the same error. Maybe I'm missing some important files or settings in my Android install?

FreeYourMind

It seems problem of the package version or you miss some global parameter.
You have all path's set before start creating pak ?

I have a similar tool on my BennuGD .Net (I convert to C#), I don't release the tool yet, but if you want I can create the pak for you using my tool.

BlackCurtain

Quote from: FreeYourMind on July 08, 2013, 09:22:23 AM
It seems problem of the package version or you miss some global parameter.
You have all path's set before start creating pak ?

I have a similar tool on my BennuGD .Net (I convert to C#), I don't release the tool yet, but if you want I can create the pak for you using my tool.
What kind of path is that? It didn't say anything about that in the setup instructions.

FreeYourMind

when you start application you need to put the paths where you have the jdk, ant, etc

BlackCurtain

Quote from: FreeYourMind on July 08, 2013, 09:43:00 AM
when you start application you need to put the paths where you have the jdk, ant, etc
I didn't get any such options. It only asked me to point to where the Android SDK was located.

FreeYourMind

in the previous version (the version I test) it have a menu startup with 3 paths, maybe josebita change that on last version I don't now because I don't test it, my version still use the 3 path's, if you want I made the apk for you like I say.

BlackCurtain

Quote from: FreeYourMind on July 08, 2013, 11:17:25 AM
in the previous version (the version I test) it have a menu startup with 3 paths, maybe josebita change that on last version I don't now because I don't test it, my version still use the 3 path's, if you want I made the apk for you like I say.
Could you possibly share that version? Because the one I'm using isn't working at all. If not then I can send you the files I want to package. But it would be more convenient if I had a working packager.

FreeYourMind

Sorry but at the moment no, because is part of a complete app with more tools, and I don't have time right now to made it as standalone app

BlackCurtain

I see. Is there any other way I can get this to work? It seems like simple problem with missing references or something.

FreeYourMind

send me an email with the files and I made it for you today

BlackCurtain

I found out the problem. I managed to package my files when I ran the packager from the bat-file, but not the exe.
Now I get an error from the logcat saying FATAL EXCEPTION: main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: android.gesture.GestureStore. I think it's something with google ads.

EDIT: The game starts fine on my phone but not on my OUYA. There's where I get the error.

josebita

Quote from: BlackCurtain on July 08, 2013, 09:17:06 PM
I found out the problem. I managed to package my files when I ran the packager from the bat-file, but not the exe.
Now I get an error from the logcat saying FATAL EXCEPTION: main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: android.gesture.GestureStore. I think it's something with google ads.

EDIT: The game starts fine on my phone but not on my OUYA. There's where I get the error.
Hi,

I'm currently updating the port to Android. After that, I'll update the packager with support for both Android and OUYA package generation.

BlackCurtain

Quote from: josebita on July 11, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: BlackCurtain on July 08, 2013, 09:17:06 PM

Hi,

I'm currently updating the port to Android. After that, I'll update the packager with support for both Android and OUYA package generation.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to trying it out. Then I don't have to tear my hair out trying to solve this  ;)