Oi you lot!

Started by raydeejay, September 15, 2015, 01:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raydeejay

So, that, just HI!

A few weeks ago I decided to google for some "div game studio clone", and here's where I ended up! Just in time, it seems, as bennugd 2 and other stuff on the same lines are being brought up to speed :)

I've been toying with computers since I was seven and I got a ZX Spectrum. I've programmed in all kinds of languages, from Sinclair BASIC to Python, Forth, Lua, VB (eek), C, Smalltalk... you name it.

This last year I've finally wrapped my mind around Lisp, and now I don't really want to program in anything else :D That said, I chose bennugd because I really like how the game concepts are integrated into the language itself.

So, this is it, hello everyone, let's make games!

PD: Being a Lisper, I obviously use emacs for everything that I can use it for, be it text editing, developing, irc, email... so I wrote a Bennu mode for emacs, which does syntax highlighting and indentation. I will probably put it somewhere public if there's someone else interested in it (it still needs a bit more polish).

PD2: I speak English, Catalan and Spanish, but I don't feel like writing an introduction again in the Spanish subforum :)

panreyes

Hi Ray,

Welcome! Aunque te aviso que la mayoría del movimiento del foro es en Castellano.

Fins ara! :D