PUBLIC BETA THIS WEEK!

Started by MikeDX, February 21, 2016, 04:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDX

Hi Everyone

Since I wish to push the development of DIV III (DX), I am going to be releasing a public beta this week

There will be IDE version for Windows, Linux and possiby raspberry pi depending on demand

The IDE itself will only be able to make games for the platform it is run on, *but* anything you create can be sent to me and my army of robots will compile those works of art to run on all the modern platforms and showcased on div-arena and the js.mikedx.co.uk websites. Also I will include the DIV.H dll header files to allow the inclusion of platform dependant dll addons, which again, if you send the appropritate source to me, this can either be evaulated for inclusion in the main IDE distribution OR if you want the cross platform support, to enable addons to be ran on any of the div targets.

These versions will not have *any* restrictions at all - BUT they will have the following limitations:

the IDE will only be the original DIV ide (8 bits)
the engine will only be original (8 bits)

This is mostly so that we can complete the transition from DOS

Whilst this is happening, I shall be working on the remaining 32bit HD interface modes and 32bit graphic support in the engine.

Those willing to help, please sign up below!

The current state of DIV both IDE and ENGINE can be found on this google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PppXb1pUVO1RnHyjgn0bIUK_7F5NkzvgGEMcrbXzr4Q/edit?usp=sharing

comments are allowed - please dont abuse ;)

JaViS

Great news!

So, basically, this release would be like DIV2 on Windows 10, right?
Any new feature to test?

Thank!
Working on Anarkade. A couch multiplayer 2D shooter.

MikeDX

Yes thats correct ts basically a 1:1 DIV2 english release with some bugs and bugfixes :)

There is no Mode8 yet, and the linux build is a little omre stable than the linux build

Ideally I just need as many people as possible to test it and report bugs back to me!

Goku jr

Hi there
It is great news , I'm willing to try .
a question, when you are ready mode 8, the same editor div2 be used ? maps will wld format ?
Cheers

MikeDX

Quote from: Goku jr on February 21, 2016, 10:20:08 PM
Hi there
It is great news , I'm willing to try .
a question, when you are ready mode 8, the same editor div2 be used ? maps will wld format ?
Cheers

Hopefully yes, but mode8 is still being a bit tricky to get working properly

Drumpi

Good news!! I want to try (and complete Sector Gamma, there is no reason to do it if nobody can play it :D).
With DIVIII, there are two Div-likes I'm going to test right now :D

BTW: did you remove the DIV limitations of need to save all FPGs for all projects on the same directory? I would like to have a project directory and FPG, PRG, MAP, etc folders inside, instead of FPG/my_project1, FPG/my_project2...
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)