Can't execute Bennu

Started by cybermonkey342, June 07, 2009, 10:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybermonkey342

Hi,

I am new and recently found Bennu. Unfortunately I can't execute Bennu, not even the compiler. I tried
1. Install from the PPA repositories (yes, I am using Ubuntu, although Ubuntu 9.04 x64)
2. Installed it with the RC installer and
3. compiled it from source.

If I want to compile one of the basic examples the following happens (on all installations):
Quotemarkus@markus-desktop:~/Examples/1 basic/BasicSamples0$ bgdc test01.prg
BGDC 1.0.0 (Jun  7 2009 12:43:25)
Copyright � 2006-2009 SplinterGU (Fenix/BennuGD)
Copyright � 2002-2006 Fenix Team (Fenix)
Copyright � 1999-2002 Jos� Luis Cebri�n Pag�e (Fenix)
Bennu Game Development comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
see COPYING for details

/home/markus/Examples/1 basic/BasicSamples0/test01.prg:9: error: Library "mod_blendop.so" not found ("mod_blendop")
markus@markus-desktop:~/Examples/1 basic/BasicSamples0$
It just doesn't find any modules, nor libraries (if I am using bgdi on the pre-compiled examples). All libraries and modules are present in /usr/lib/bgd
Any help, please?

SplinterGU

Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

cybermonkey342

Hi, and thanks. But this doesn't really help me. Does it mean that all modules and libs have to be placed in the directory where the *.prg is? But I'd rather would have global access, which only says the "compiler's directory". So it is /usr/local/bin/bgdc  ???
Sorry, but I have still no clue where to put all those *.so-files ...

SplinterGU

please, read it.

You need a "myproject.import" or "myproject.imp" file with modules names that you need... please read.

cybermonkey342

Hmm,
okay this is what I've done: in the examples (downloaded from the official site) in the directory BasicSamples0 I included a file called test01.import for the test01.prg. Is that correct?
Here is the file:
Quotemod_sdlevthandler
mod_pathfind
mod_blendop
mod_text
mod_grproc
mod_video
mod_map
mod_screen
mod_path
mod_rand
mod_say
mod_mouse
mod_scroll
mod_math
mod_m7
mod_proc
mod_key
mod_draw
mod_timers
mod_sound
and the output from the console:
Quotehome/markus/Examples/1 basic/BasicSamples0/test01.import:1: error: Library "mod_sdlevthandler.so" not found (EOF)
markus@markus-desktop:~/Examples/1 basic/BasicSamples0$
So still the same error. Seems I am to silly to understand how this works ...

SplinterGU

yes, remove mod_sdlevthandler, don't need this anymore...

josebita

Quote from: cybermonkey342 on June 07, 2009, 10:52:53 AM
Hi,

I am new and recently found Bennu. Unfortunately I can't execute Bennu, not even the compiler. I tried
1. Install from the PPA repositories (yes, I am using Ubuntu, although Ubuntu 9.04 x64)
2. Installed it with the RC installer and
3. compiled it from source.

First of all, welcome!
Please understand that Bennu is -right now- a 32 bit only product. In fact, it is known to crash when doing some things if compiled directly on a 64 bits system.
It should work pretty well using 32 bit binaries and their libs in a 64 bits system (installing ia32-libs should be required). If I'm not wrong, the official installer package should make things work with this method.

Also, the x86_64 binaries on the PPA are old and broken, please don't use them.

With time, I will try to create & upload a 32 bits version of Bennu but prepared to be ran on a x86_64 system to the PPA.

cybermonkey342

Hi. Seems to be a 64bit problem. I also tried Fenix but this is also known not to work with 64bit systems. I will try the installer at a later time again. Thanks for now.