PSP Port

Started by danielt3, August 17, 2009, 05:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielt3

Hi all

First, i would like to say that i think this is the correct forum for posting this. If it is not, sorry about that, and please move the thread the correct forum.

Second, I would like to announce that I'm starting to port Bennu (the interpreter, mainly) to PSP. I'm still not sure how hard this will be since I'm not quite used to the code but I intend to get it in sync with SplinterGU's releases. The basic idea for the port is to be able to just copy the DCB file to the PSP and run it in the PSP version of the interpreter. Of course I will port all of the tools, if needed, to create a full game for the PSP.

From my preliminar studies, I think it is possible to compile a DCB and just run it in the PSP version of the interpreter without any changes. I will get this as my main requirement for this project: running the DCB with minor (if any) modifications. I'm not sure (yet) if there will be need for modifications in the internal structure of the DCB, as well as in the output of the various tools involved in development with Bennu for running the game in PSP.
---

Daniel

SplinterGU

I think so...

Thanks, and wellcome!
Download Lastest BennuGD Release: http://www.bennugd.org/node/2

darío

That would be great! :) Keep us informed!
My sites:
Smart Fpg Editor - Painless FPG Edition for Bennu and PixTudio
fenixlib - .NET support for manipulating PixTudio, Bennu and Div graphic formats

Burbruee

Any updates on this? Always wanted a PSP build, you got me very excited.
Good luck, I hope you can get something running.  :)

danielt3

Hi all

I'm just passing by to say that I'm not dead and the PSP port is running at full speed right now. I had to slow down things because of finals/graduation/getting a new job stuff.

I hope to get something usefull soon and I will post here.

Thanks.
---

Daniel

gecko

Torres Baldi Studio
http://torresbaldi.com

Drumpi

Wow, if Bennu runs on PSP we will have an ENORMEUS ammount of people who can use it.
Just for this, karma++.
Hala, como con 1001 procesos sólo va a 9 FPS, vamos a meterle 32 veces más, a ver si revienta.
(Drumpi epic moment)

Sandman

-- Sandman

danielt3

Quote from: Drumpi on January 31, 2010, 02:20:42 PM
Wow, if Bennu runs on PSP we will have an ENORMEUS ammount of people who can use it.
Just for this, karma++.

Thanks for k++!

I hope I make a PSP port worth it.
---

Daniel

panreyes

Quote from: danielt3 on January 31, 2010, 12:15:25 PM
I'm just passing by to say that I'm not dead and the PSP port is running at full speed right now. I had to slow down things because of finals/graduation/getting a new job stuff.
It seems that you are saying you got Bennu working already at full speed. Is it?
Or is it that you are working on it at full speed? xD

big lol :)

josebita

Quote from: PiXeL on January 31, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
It seems that you are saying you got Bennu working already at full speed. Is it?

That's certainly not the same thing :)

danielt3

Quote from: josebita on February 01, 2010, 07:10:30 PM
Quote from: PiXeL on January 31, 2010, 10:22:24 PM

That's certainly not the same thing :)

Indeed, they are not the same thing. Sorry for my bad writing. Well, I was trying to say that I'm working on the port in my full spare time (which is not quite much).

The goal is to produce a full and 100% Bennu-compatible port. Just copy the DCB to the memory card and run it.
---

Daniel

josebita

That's sad. Still, it's a wonderful thing that you're working on it.
Keep us informed!

Burbruee

Hi all

I hope to get something usefull soon and I will post here.

Thanks.
Great to hear. Be sure to post if you have any updates.  ;D

Ariel Yust

how exectly does he try to make it work?

copy the dcb that was compiled for linux to his PSP card?
I do wonder how can u setup it to work thought quit curiouse :P

hmmm intresting I hope u make it =] I would love to make games for my PSP ^_^
Play  **Zombies On My Grass**  !  >:}